SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marc_ia

Pros and cons of my GE induction range

marc_ia
14 years ago

I obsessed about induction as opposed to the duel fuel I had planned on and you all were helpful. I thought I would let you know how I like it after a couple months.

Pros: The best feature - cleanup is the easiest imaginable. Even a boil over doesn't stick or make a mess. Its fast. And, when you turn it off it is off - except for my heavy highest quality stainless pan which keeps cooking. The oven is great and is the most even heating oven I have owned in a while.

Cons: I miss the flame. I hate the buzz - only with certain cookware on certain higher levels of heat, but still.... I had a terrible time finding a new skillet contrary to what some said was easy. (I didn't want to spend a whole lot ) I hate that I can't use my teapot or any of my corning ware. So now I can no longer cook spaghetti sauce etc. in my corningware and put the leftovers in the refrig and later take it out and heat it on the stove all in the same container. I have to cook it in a pan - put it in a refrig container, take it out - put it in a pan etc. One day I was cooking something in a double boiler and the water boiled away so fast...never had that happen before. Now my pan is blue inside and the top of my range has some marks on that burner site which I haven't been able to get off yet. Be careful of that. It heats fast and there is a little bit of a learning curve. I am still unsure if the pros outweigh the cons for me. I do love the cleanup which is basically nonexistant. Also, I didn't realize that the back and front burner work on the same power source so you can't have them both on high at the same time. I would rarely do that but it could be an inconvenience.

Comments (16)