SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
maximavswife

First birds of Spring

maximavswife
13 years ago

I had a lot of inspiration for this table. I did some work in the yard this morning while we had a period of abundant sunshine. I had cleaned out the birdbath and filled it with some fresh water. When I walked into the house and looked out the kitchen window there were birds lined up on the fence waiting their turn at the birdbath. Birds were drinking and bathing right and left. It made my heart sing! Maybe spring really is on its way!

Then I looked around the house and remembered the bird cage looking terrarium I had purchased at an estate sale last year. More rummaging around and gathering, perhaps like birds building a nest? And I had the makings of a tablescape. I pulled out a tablecloth I had purchased on clearance at Target last fall. How perfect, right??! The china is a find by hubs. He saw them and loved them at one of the very few estate sales he went to with me. We went back on the last day and got them half off which made him even happier. The design made me think of birds feathers, light and airy. The crystal water glasses were hubs birthday gift to me a few weeks ago and the flatware was also a gift from hubs at Christmas. Yes friends, he is my own enabler :)

And at the end of the day, I have my own little bird, captured, to help me dream of warm spring days and the lovely melody of happy well bathe birds to come...soon please.

Kath

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting
More Discussions