SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
luckygal1

Levi's supper table

luckygal
14 years ago

This is a few days after Levi's birthday but Mrs. Levi was very busy with the birthday celebrations, it being his 181st birthday. This is his late meal of the day today as he's been busy in his factory making those jeans we all love. And I've been putting my house in order after moving my craft room and DH painting an old buffet/hutch (with the attendant turmoil of everything that had to be removed then replaced). Finally have my table clear of all the stuff that was in the buffet/hutch so I can play.

In reality I have few old rustic things which is odd considering how much I like such things! When I told DH what I was doing he asked if I wanted him to sit on the table since he's old and rustic! Funny man! Anyhow I shopped my house and found a few things.

The oil lamp is one my parents had 'forever', the large bean pot one they bot at the Medalta factory about 40+ years ago which has been used often but not lately, the small cream bean pot I got at a yard sale (no lid) also Medalta, the yellow measuring cup was one DH's father had for many years - probably a give away from that company, the well worn silver pitcher (provenance unknown) from DH's Gran. I used a small handthrown pottery mug for Levi's tea as I'm not sure what would be historic. Pottery candle holder would be similar style to what was used 'back when' and it has a beeswax candle.

The plates are odds and ends I've bot here and there. Never pass up a transferware plate. Table 'linens' are a denim 'runner' that's a new piece from my fabric stash. Placemat is a piece of gingham I ironed into the right size. The pie de résistance napkin is one of the dog's scarves I bot at the dollar store! It *is* clean tho and I even ironed it for Levi! Dog won't mind - she has lots more! The brown pieces are camping tea towels!

The cast iron frypan one of many we've collected over the years and the enamel lid is one I remember my DM using many decades ago. The first cast iron frypan I had was my DGF's but now I don't know which one it is (we have many) as sadly I never marked it. :-( It would be over 100 years old. We have bot many old cast iron pieces at yard sales as DH and I like to cook with them. We only buy those made in Canada and the US and not all are really old. The cast iron scone pan was a yard sale find and I believe it to be old. The milk is still foaming as it's fresh from the cow - or because we don't drink milk and I just mixed it from powdered! LOL

I love the little graniteware pot (back left) which has an aluminum lid that came with it (from a YS) but not original to it. Not sure how old it would be. It stores tealights but we won't tell as I'm not sure of the history of tealights, they may be a modern invention. We'll pretend Mrs. Levi cooked a bit of soup in it! The large enamel teakettle would hold enough water to make lots of tea - or bathe the baby! We use it on our wood stove daily in the winter to increase humidity in our home. Levi's favorite cat is on the chair!

The barnboard frame holds a photo that is typical of the scenery and old cabins still standing in this area. Frame *might* have been made from an old barn, I bot it new from a woodworker. The oil painting of an old cabin was a YS find also. I buy these rustic paintings whenever I find them. This area was on the way to many of the goldrushes so the travelers in those days may have worn the pants that Levi made and some stayed on here and built little cabins like this and worked in logging and ranching.

Hope you've enjoyed seeing Levi's supper table! :-) I've had fun playing!

Comments (11)

Sponsored
More Discussions