SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
suburbanmd

Oven temperature weirdness in GE Profile electric range

suburbanmd
12 years ago

I have a new GE Profile free-standing electric range (the cooking surface is induction, but this isn't an induction issue). The oven temperature display counts up to the set temp during preheat, and then stays fixed at the set temp. This is working as designed, and based on bread baking performance, the temperature seems to be fine...the bread is done, 190degF internal temperature, around the time when the recipe says it should be.

The weirdness comes when the oven has been set to some temperature, and I reset it to a higher one. Say it was at 350, and I reset it to 400. The display ought to start out somewhere in the neighborhood of 350, but it'll be like 385, or even 400 accompanied by the beeps indicating it's preheated. It sure seems like something is wrong, and I'm going to put in a service call. But it's weird, because if the temperature was really 50 degrees off then I'd expect to see it in my baking results. Has anyone seen something like this in a digital oven, GE or otherwise?

Comments (19)