SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
boymom_gw

16x16 Jerusalem Gold bathroom question (Long, sorry)

boymom
15 years ago

My aim is for a sleek, simple, traditional elegant spa-like master bathroom. The bathroom is large, with an octagonal separate "room" for the bathtub separated by an archway. The tub deck takes up almost half the octagon. The entire bathroom floor has just bee laid with 16 x 16 polished jerusalem gold. Counter tops will be JG slab, as will the tub deck. The tub face will be paneled white wood (we have large white doors and baseboard, and are building a new white bathroom vanity cabinet with integrated medicine cabinets both sides of double sinks, with moulding up to the ceiling soffit).

Anyway, all that's left to tile is the shower and backsplashes. The plan has been to use 1 inch polished JG mosaic squares on the floor and ceiling of the shower, but more 16X16 on the shower walls. The backsplash of sinks will be slab 4", 6" or 8" backsplash for the tub. I didn't want to do a tiled backsplash in the tub room because the windows come down very close to the tub.

Anyway, here's my question. Should I do the entire shower with the 1 inch mosaic squares? Or should I add another shape of JG tile to the shower walls? With my focus on simplicity, I'm afraid I've gone too simple.

Thanks in advance!

Here are some pics that inspired the look I want, however our sinks will be in the middle, with a cabinet on both ends of the entire vanity, rather than one in the center. So the mirror will be large, in the center,in a crown moulding "nook".

Paneled bath front:

more pics my actual bathroom coming next!

Comments (8)