SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynninnewmexico

DD's 16th Birthday Tablescape Pics

lynninnewmexico
14 years ago

I haven't been around much this week or last. Last week we flew to Dallas for a 3-day weekend to visit friends, and with Emily's 16th birthday coming yesterday, I've been rushing around getting ready for it since I got back.

We always start our birthdays off with a family breakfast and, if we have time, gifts. Since yesterday was a school day for her, she opened just a couple gifts before heading off. I used her main gift & bag as a starting point to a tablescape: pink & blue with Spring flowers, as she'd requested.

Pink roses (her favorites) were her first gifts from her dad & I. After all, a girl doesn't turn Sweet Sixteen every day :~)

{{gwi:1415536}}

For her special birthday dinner last night, I used her favorites of all my dishes and placemats.

{{gwi:1415537}}

New napkins found at GW for $1 each, paired with my new ceramic napkin rings. I've been waiting for months to finally be able to use them!

{{gwi:1415538}}

As I've mentioned before, we don't like a lot of things in the middle of our table while we're eating, so I just used my pink waterlily candle holders on a crocheted doily and her birthday card from us.

{{gwi:1415539}}

Down towards the end of the table a bit, I used her gift/bag, her roses and my new ceramic Welsh Mountain Lamb on a vintage embroidered runner my mother made:

{{gwi:1415540}}

. . . along with her requested dessert, Petits Fours . . . and no, I didn't make them! I bought them at a French bakery in town, along with our breakfast pastries:

{{gwi:1415541}}

Sooooo, what did my beautiful, fairy-like daughter request for her special birthday dinner? A delicate Croque Monsieur, perhaps? Or maybe Chicken Salad with a side of poached asparagus and a fresh croissant?

No . . . Brats with sauerkraut, potato salad and a fresh Caesar Salad (LOL)! I love that she's definitely her own person! BTW, this was my plate; we don't serve beer to underage kiddos ;^D

{{gwi:1415542}}

Oh, and that special birthday gift? A new pair of boots. This is New Mexico!

{{gwi:1415543}}

It may be a very unorthodox table and birthday celebration, but it's totally us ;^D

Lynn

Comments (13)

Sponsored
More Discussions