SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
luvstocraft

Anyone heard from?

luvstocraft
15 years ago

Keep wondering what's happened to some of our "regulars" here. Hope they are all okay. Has anyone heard from Judith? Yachter? Jim? Mary Ruth? Sandi? Jenn?

I miss them all and hope they are well.

Luvs

Comments (28)

• bettyd_z7_va
    15 years ago

I miss them, too. I think Mary Ruth and Judith live close to each other and keep in touch. Hope everyone will check in soon and let us know they are ok.
    Betty

• lynninnewmexico
    15 years ago

Hope they all check in someday soon.
    I've been wondering where Jim is myself. I love seeing pics of his beautiful home and am very grateful he told me about a Eddie Ross' blog . . . which I now read daily and love.
    Lynn

• Related Discussions

Has anyone heard from BethNorCal?

Q

Comments (68)
    Notwithstanding the tragedies that have occurred in N. California... I feel I must say something in defence of Eucalyptus trees, at least the ones we grow here, and which many of us love and put to good use... ...There are I think 3 varieties that have been popular for a long time... Eucalyptus gunnii, Eucalyptus dalrympleana and perhaps the most attractive of all Eucalyptus pauciflora ssp. niphophila [Snow Gum].... ...you can see any of these pop up in gardens all over the place... I've grown 2 of the 3... We now also have 2 dwarf versions, Eucalyptus gunnii 'Azura' and 'France Bleu'... ..'Azura' is very dwarf, almost a miniature... 'FB' is larger but very slow growing, a dwarf gunnii.. I would love to have 'Azura' and might be on my shopping list... The way to use gunnii I think is to give screening to a garden where you are overlooked by a neighbouring property that is on higher ground. A single specimen tree will do, it grows 6 foot a year, so within 2 years or so you start to have cover. It's crucial with this plant to cut 6 foot off the top with one incision every year in April, when it has reached just beyond the height you need for screening... if you miss a year it gets away from you and you have lost control.... I also used my plant to support a rambling rose... I grew 'Leontine Gervais' up it right to the top, where it would then cascade downwards, more so after the annual prune... the light pink and the blue foliage I found very attractive.. ..I also planted Cistus purpureus around the base and a tree lupin... gardeners here don't make enough use of these trees like this.. they plant them, neglect them, and before you know it, you've got a 40 foot tall tree on your hands.. there is one in a garden near me, it's about the tallest tree around here, perhaps 60 foot or more, that is just not the way to do it in my opinion.. used to best effect as single specimens, these are superlative trees, and I absolutely love them... I do not like to see them planted en masse, like a small wood [there are some here like that]... I'm so sorry, and was not aware, they had been over planted in California and that they have contributed to the fires..
    ...See More

Has anyone heard from Anglophilia?

Q

Comments (25)
    I've been thinking about you, Anglophilia, and wondering if you were okay. I'm so sorry to hear you're not doing well. Prayers for remission and better health. Hope you feel better very soon.
    ...See More

Anyone heard from Glenda?

Q

Comments (5)
    Terilyn, if you call Glenda, let her know that she is in our thoughts and prayers and missed here at the KT.
    ...See More

Has anyone heard from Sara-Ann (Merlena)????

Q

Comments (38)
    I am with Sheila on this one. I’ve been a member of other forums where a member died, and relatives were always gracious if the inquiry was respectful and sincere. Each time, they were pleased that the deceased was so well liked in a online community and relayed some details they wanted the forum to know about the deceased. I had found Merlena’s home and cell numbers and tried to call them. The home just kept ringing, the cell was answered by a man who did not know her. So I have no further leads. But had she answered I would have just said I was BenT on the rose forum and a bunch of us hadn’t heard from her and were hoping she and her garden were well. That’s all.
    ...See More
  • kathleen_li
    15 years ago

Luvs, that is so funny..I visited a blog, and she visited mine...said she knew me from Holidays...it was Mary!
    It was so nice to hear from her again...her blog is Country Reflections...if you go to my blog you can click on that ( in today's post)and it will bring you to it...

Mary Ruth said she was taking break from posting on another forum...I think she is moving.
    I don't know about Judith, her blog hasn't been updated since Cmas..
    She used to post at RMR...I don't go there, so I don't know..
    I hope they are all ok...and I still wonder about Lee, "hi2all"...she was so sweet and just seemed to disappear...

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

Thanks for posting this thread, Luvs. I hope some of them will see it. I miss them all very much. I particularly worry about Judith since she's not even doing her blog the last few months. She is the one who enticed me here a couple of years ago.
    And Jim...my "cat herder" friend....please post us soon.
    I just hate to see any of our Holiday gang go missing.
    {{gwi:77274}}

• lynninnewmexico
    15 years ago

I used to think about this forum as a place for Christmas decoration inspirations, but it's so much more! I wish it were named "Holidays & Tablescapes" instead of just plain "Holiday Forum". This is such a great place to get ideas for everyday tablescapes, sources for new tablescapes pieces, as well as every kind of decoration for every holiday and event . . . not to mention the forum with the nicest group of people!
    Lynn

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    15 years ago

You are so right Lynn, many don't come here because they are not into anything but maybe Halloween and Christmas. We all like each other so much and enjoy sharing tables, dishes, vignettes, purchases, ideas, etc. I kind of think of it like "Everyday is a Holiday". LOL

Kathleen, thanks for letting us know that Mary has a blog too. I'll go visit her and see what she has been up to.

I know Mary Ruth had mentioned moving, can't wait to see her new place and how she arranges all her pretty things in it.

Yachter will probably be back when yard sale season starts as she knows we love seeing the treasures she finds.

Not sure about Jim, I know he was very down about his sister losing her job. Hope he and the kitties are doing okay.

Karen, Sure hope Judith is not having more health issues, I miss seeing all the lovely tables and vignettes she puts together too.

Kathleen, you are right, Hi2all was so sweet. Wonder why she stopped posting.

Hey gals and guys, if you're going to take a break or be gone for awhile, how about just a quick post telling us you'll be gone? Then we won't wonder and worry!

I've already given my DH instructions that if for any reason I am no longer able to post, he is to either post here or email one of you to let everyone know! LOL

Luvs

• yachter123
    15 years ago

Hi all, as you all know, I'm raising my 12 yr old grandson & life is hectic most of the time.

He's involved in the Jr. High play now & has practice or some other activity most nites after school. Nites he doesn't have practice, he is either going to friends house or having friends over, so it's always busy around here.

Been trying to clean out my house, things I just don't need or use, getting ready for the townwide garage sale in May & also sending things to charities.

We've all been sick, hubby with pneumonia, myself & grandson upper respiratory infection & other grandkids sick too, so I had the youngest for a few days while he was home sick. I'm worn out & don't get enough sleep most days!!

I hear from Judith occasionally, but she is very busy with work & has little time to update her blog or post, plus her home computer is still giving her fits!

I didn't even get a St. Pat's table done due to being sick, still on meds & have little energy.

Thanks for asking about me & the others. I haven't seen Sandi on here in, it seems, AGES!!!

Lori

• yachter123
    15 years ago

OOPS, almost forgot, I also have Shih Tzu puppies due in about 2 weeks, so that will take up even more of my time.

• User
    15 years ago

Hi - Tks for thinking of me. :)
    I've just been feeling burned-out w/not much to contribute of late and generally this is a bad time of yr for me for various reasons.

That said, the cats & dog are fine, Sweetie has too much energy to keep up with.

After I took down my Christmas decor I wanted to leave the deer head up - but, I need to keep the wreath up too.
    Yrs back when I painted the ceiling - some dripped behind the mirror that I didn't catch - well, when I finally took the mirror off the wall, I noticed the white paint spill, but it was too late, because I no longer had any touch-up paint(or available), so I was forced to keep the mirror in place -
    and had no desire to repaint room!
    I found I could use the deer head w/wreath and cover the spill.
    I could get a grapevine wreath but I don't want to spend the $$ - maybe a some later point I will.

Jim
    So here's what I was playing with for a spring look:

Here's Selena with Ms K & Sweetie - Panda was off getting into trouble.

• jaybird
    15 years ago

LOL Jim, those animals are priceless!!!
    The flowers around the deer head are so very lovely...
    I could never copy the idea (no ability), but I can look at that picture and just see pure beauty. You did good!
    It's great to "see" YOU too!

• bettyd_z7_va
    15 years ago

Glad to hear from you Lori. Sorry to hear that all of you have been sick. Get well soon. I got tired reading the list of stuff you DGS is into. I can't imagine it on a daily basis. 2 of mine were here for 2 nights/days during the snow and I was totally wiped out when they went home. I think I got a big bowl of chocolate ice cream and hit the bed! Where do you find the strength?
    But I love them so. They make me laugh and love me unconditionally. Wish I had their energy!

Jim, I had to laugh at your crew all piled up together for a little nap! How precious. They don't fight?
    I'm glad you kept the deer up. What a neat thing to add to your collection of pets! TFS. Don't be gone so long next time.
    Betty

• jamie_mt
    15 years ago

I'm one of those who popped in last year for Halloween, intended to stay, and then kind of just slipped out again. I thought that maybe you guys/gals would inspire me to keep up on the deco, but then in December I had a dog with major health problems, a husband who almost lost his job due to a company buyout, and I just didn't have the energy for tables and decorations.

I do "lurk" here about once or twice a week, but I normally just stop most decorating after Christmas (worn out from doing the minimums at Christmas after our Halloween blow-out), so I don't have much to contribute. While you gals/guys are happily planning your spring deco, I do the minimums (just a table & the front door basket, and only if I'm having someone over) and am busily working on Halloween 2009. I know most people don't want to hear about Halloween just yet (which is why I hang out on a dedicated Halloween forum). I may be posting more as Easter gets closer, since I normally host Easter brunch, so I can't avoid decorating for that.

In any case, my rather long-winded point is that I intended to become a regular here last fall, but "life" sort of got in the way. I bet that happens to a lot of people with regards to forum posting. But perhaps, like me, many of them are still lurking and enjoying your posts, and will jump in again as soon as they can. This really is a great inspirational forum - I can't imagine anyone actually *intentionally* abandoning it... :-)

• plainjane425
    15 years ago

Priceless Pictures Jim.
    Glad you checked in to let us know how you're doing.
    Hopefully Spring will give everyone a better frame of mind.

yachter...sorry you've been under the weather.
    Reading about how busy you've been would wear out the best of us. JUst keeping up with G/kids alone, can be so exhausting. I think the weaker we become, the stronger they are!! Take things slow and try to preserve your energy...
    jane

• kathleen_li
    15 years ago

Hi Jane, still in sunny Florida??

Lori, hope you and your family are feeling better!

Glad some of our lost brethern popped in...I haven't heard from Sandi in a long time...she too was having computer problems...

I saw Mary Ruth posted on Tam's
    blog, so I guess she is still here

So if you are out there, come say hello so we know how you are! :)

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Jaime, you were another one that I wondered what happened to? We loved all your Halloween pictures, you did such a fantastic job on all of it. Even if you don't have anything to post, we'd love to hear your comments on things we've posted. Need some encouragement to keep us all motivated you know! ;o)

Yachter, you sure have your plate full. It's wonderful that you have been there for your Grandson. Hope all of you are feeling better. If you chat with Judith, please tell her she is missed.

Jim, do you have a problem with the changing seasons? I think it is called SAD. I know the dark dreary days of winter can be quite depressing for some people. Hope you will soon be feeling lots better. We know those kitties and your dog make you smile with their antics.

At least a few of the "missing" are checking in with us, so that's a really good thing.

Luvs

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

Thanks to all of you that "checked in" to reassure us you're still here!
    Yacht, I figured you were busy...but WOW, you gave new meaning to busy. Plus being very sick. I hope all of you are pretty much back to normal, especially your DH with pneumonia. Good luck with the upcoming fur babies. Hope all goes well for them and Mama Dog.

Jamie, is your dog ok? I sincerely hope so. I love dogs so much and understand how hard it is when one is sick (or worse,we lose one.) I'm glad to hear you still lurk and maybe soon you will feel like posting more. Its good to hear from you anytime.

And Jim, with those fantastic photos, I "forgive" you for making me worry. LOL. I love what you did with the deer head, that floral arrangement is just gorgeous. A terrific idea to decorate Mr Deer in different ways. (He needs a name if you haven't already given him one! I see a lot of personality in that face.) I think he needs to go in our Misc decor album, a unique fellow like that has to be inspirational.
    The photos of your dear sweet Selena and the kitties is definitely priceless. I have to save the one especially to enjoy over and over. I am sorry this is a bad time of year for you. I hope knowing you have many friends here who care very much about you helps some. Take care of yourself, and post when you feel up to it.
    {{gwi:77274}}

• lynnencfan
    15 years ago

My other passion in life has started which is gardening and I have been busy over on the WinterSow Forum, Carolina Gardening and Cottage Garden Forums. My fancy decorating has been replaced with seedling trays both inside and outside. Ironically I do still have 2 Christmas trees up - my pink bedroom tree and also my red/gold living room tree. Given the state of affairs our country is in I find a lot of joy just sitting and mellowing out with just the warm lights of the trees late at night. My mother who is on Hospice care and lives with me has also had a couple of mild strokes and requires more hands on care so that takes up some of my time. I do try and lurk over here at least once and twice a week and check out all the pretty pictures. I do need to take pictures of a great find that my husband got on freecycle just yesterday. I am so excited about it and will post pictures later today :) ......

Lynne

• jamie_mt
    15 years ago

My dog is doing much better now, Karen - thanks for asking. :-) The first week in December we found out that she has a disease where her pancreas doesn't work properly anymore, and she can't digest food on her own. So she'd been starving (quite literally) since last spring while we tried to get her diagnosed. Finally figuring out what was wrong led to a whole new learning curve on how to treat her food with enzymes, completely switching her diet (and my other dog's too, by default), and learning how to support her back to health with supplements, etc. As you might imagine, it took a huge chunk out of the budget too, but she's slowly gaining weight back (doesn't look like I'm abusing her anymore!), and getting healthier by the day. She has a good prognosis for a normal life now, though she'll probably always be on the skinny side.

I'll try to comment more - I just don't want to sound trite saying the same things over and over (because everything really is quite beautiful here!). My own tablescape is going to be pretty boring for awhile - like Lynne, it's not going to be long before my table turns into "seed sprouting central" in our house. ;-)

I'm looking forward to seeing all the Easter tables...

• mary_ruth
    15 years ago

Well hello everyone! I was surprised to see my name mentioned here! ha ha! Yes I am moving as soon as the house sells. Very s..l..o..w going! We have a showing tomorrow and that means I am busy straightening out the house. I have been so busy with lots of things and just getting back to posting. I was going to come here a couple of weeks ago and couldn't find the link! I got busy... I have a couple of design jobs that have had me busy with drawings and proposals, I like being useful but there just isn't enough time in a day!

I had lunch with Judith a couple of weeks ago and we talked about cameras and taking pictures. She looks sooo good, she is making a great comeback from last year. She had a lot of energy that day and looked radient! We sat outside the Olive Garden and talked for another hour while the weather was so nice. I just got off the phone with her and she said to say hi to you all (can't get online these days at her house, and work is just crazy busy). I told her I would come here and tell you all she is just fine but insanely busy. I told her that if she doesn't keep up her Blog, it's no wonder people think she fell off the face of the Earth! ha ha!

You will hear more from her and me soon, I just have to get through this hump of insanity first. My mission is to get the house sold, then my mission will be to find a house in Florida (Space Coast area). Then my mission will be to shower my grand daughters with so much attention that they will get sick of me!

Oh ya and by the way, I turned 60 last week. Not something to brag about, but what an experience the day before... I was sweating it... then it all went away and I am calm about it, after all what choice do I have. The point is... I survived to turn 60, now that is a chore in itself! I am STILL HERE. And you know what? I have a lot to be thankful for.

Oh I have some ideas for my next house. Won't be as fancy as this one was, but it will have its own character. And, I will ENJOY working on it, after all it is the journey that is where life is while you are waiting for life to begin! Listen to me, wisdom is pouring out of my mouth and I have only been 60 for one week! Watch out! ha ha
    I posted something I did with plastic beads on my projects blog, feel free to visit there if you want to see what I am up to, I am slow at posting anywhere right now though.
    My home projects: http://mhprojects.blogspot.com/

You gals are great for thinking of me, Thanks so much, I missed you all too!

Here is a link that might be useful: My Blog

• plainjane425
    15 years ago

Love your Blog mary_ruth. HAPPY 60th BIRTHDAY!!...and, Many Happy Blessings in the Years to Come!
    You've done some really great design projects. I enjoyed your layered Metal Chargers.
    I liked how you put all the elements together and came up with such a beautiful presentation..and, I liked how you showed all of them seperately. When I have some time, I will go back to your Blog. I want to enjoy everything more slowly. You've got lots of beautiful pictures and
    ideas to look at.

jamie...so glad to hear your dog is on the mend, and that they found out how to treat her. Her symptoms sound like Celiac Disease..and the diet for that is everything Gluten Free. Hope she continues on the road to a speedy recovery.

Lynn..glad to hear back from you. I remember your Christmas Trees and I remember that you were caring for your mother. She is so lucky to have such a caring and devoted daughter. That in itself, must give her such peace of mind, knowing you are there for her. I'm curious as to your DH's find..and looking forward to seeing pictures.

kathleen...I'm still here in FL..I'll be here until April 1st. Have to be home in time for Easter!
    Today, we lined up a Management Company to oversee Renting the Condo..and we decided to do it furnished. That's a relief. Now, we don't have to rush to get the furniture out of here. I put in my mind, not to fret over any of it getting damaged either.

jane

• mary_ruth
    15 years ago

jane,
    Thank you so much! I just love to play with textures and layers. I am so glad you enyoyed my Blog! I think it is wonderful to have the internet and free places to express ourselves and share. It is nice for me to see what I have done in the past too, I sometimes think I have not done much until I revisit my old photos! We are always learning!

• plainjane425
    15 years ago

mary_ruth..you're very welcome. I agree, there is always room to learn...and that's the fun part. As they say, 'Youth Is Wasted On the Young'... Ahhh, the things I would have done differently in my youth..had I only known!!
    lol
    jane

• mary_ruth
    15 years ago

Hey, slinkey... if youth is wasted on the young, then let's not waste the wisdom on us mature ladies! ha ha! I can't wait to get to my next house (challenge) and make another HOME!

• plainjane425
    15 years ago

mary_ruth... I'll be rooting for you!!
    jane

• yachter123
    15 years ago

Stealing a few minutes here before I need to get to bed.

Jim, I think the springy wreath on the deer head looks fabulous with the color of the walls.

Also, the pics of your cats & dog are wonderful! What a great bunch to share your love with!

Family is slowly recuperating, but this up & down weather now will have us all sick again. I do enjoy the teaser days of spring, but they don't last long enough & then it's back to the cold & snow!

YES, they are predicting snow next week and we were 66 yesterday & today & it was GREAT! I was out in the yard picking up branches that came down during the ice storm this winter & just enjoying getting out of the STUFFY HOUSE.

We in the midwest sure begin to have cabin fever by March & the few nice days they tease us with are almost CRUEL!!

My dogs loved it too, I'd let them out & they refused to come in, they were all laying in the sun on the back deck today!

See, even our pets hate winter!!!!!

I'm not sure what I'll do for an Easter table, have nothing new from last year & may be out of town that weekend, so we'll have to see, but I will enjoy seeing everyone else's Easter tables & decor!!!

Hope to catch up here soon, but things are NOT slowing down, rather more things in the works for me to be involved in!!!

YIKES!

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    15 years ago

So good hearing from so many of our missing friends! Thank you all for hopping on here to let us know how you are. Totally understand about life getting so hectic sometimes, but just come chat with us whenever you can. Hugs to all of you.

Got to go check out Mary Ruth's projects now. See you all later.

Luvs

P.S. Mary Ruth, I hit 62 this year! Just can't believe it. I always thought I'd "know it all" by this time, but sure not the case here! LOL I really think this is a wonderful time in my life, no more work stress and still healthy enough to travel and do my craft projects as well as playing with my little GD. So much to be thankful for. ;o)

• mary_ruth
    15 years ago

Luvs,
    There is nothing better than that!
    Luvs said: "I really think this is a wonderful time in my life, no more work stress and still healthy enough to travel and do my craft projects as well as playing with my little GD. So much to be thankful for"

That is what I am looking forward to! So happy for you!

• Bright199
    15 years ago

Wow! It's great to 'see' everyone here! Glad everyone is doin ok and checking in.

Jim I just love the wreath did you make it yourself?? It's sooo full. And your babies look soo content and happy.

Yachter your grandson will be forever greatful to you for giving him a warm loving place to grow up. Glad you are feeling better.

Jamie... our pets are our family I understand what you are going through. Glad she's doin better.

Lynne it's in the 70's this weekend...after the big snow storm last weekend... and the daffodils are blooming. Wish I had the gumption to winter sow. I always procrastinate!

Mary Ruth.....HAPPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!! How wonderful for you. I will be 49 this year!! Ugh! But retirement age is getting closer!

I am soo jealous of those that have their grandchildren close. Mine are in Florida. Love and spoil them all you can. I will be flying to Tampa bay for a long weekend in May the oldest gdaughter will be turning 8! Not long enough but it will be good to see them all. May sneak in some ts shopping.

Sponsored
More Discussions