SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dlspellman_gw

My perfect vacuum

14 years ago

Would someone please help me find my perfect vacuum?

I absolutely hate canisters, so it would be:

BASIC, MUST HAVE REQUIREMENTS:

1.) An upright that does all kinds of floors, including hardwoods.

2.) It would weigh approx. 15 pounds or less.

3.) It would have the ability to turn OFF the rollerbrush,so that it doesn't mar my hardwood floors over time.

4.) It would have rubber wheels. Again, so it wouldn't scratch my hardwood floors.

NICE TO HAVES, but not required:

1.) Basic on board equipment

2.) On Board hose that allows you to purchase additional option attachments, such as a more hose, a telescoping wand, a turbo brush for stairs, and even a nice floor brush if doing large areas of hardwood (yes, I'd rather pull along an upright than a canister when using a lighterweight floor brush). I HATE Canisters.

3.) Higher quality brush attachments.

Price is not a factor.

Ones that I've looked at/considered, but have a major short coming from by requirement list:

Oreck/Riccar - Nice and light weight, but can't turn off brush.

Miele - Nice, but, too heavy - unless I missed a lightweight model.

Sanitaire - loved the smaller one with the ability to fold in half - but, unfortunately PLASTIC WHEELS. And Tools were also kind of cheap. I would have settled for this if the wheels had been rubber.

Sebo Felix - Nice, but too Handle heavy and top heavy, thus tippy. It tipped over on my several times in just a few minutes.

Right now I have the Shark Navigator on trial -- but, I really wish I could find one that's not so disposable in nature!

Am I missing anything out there? Thanks!

Comments (9)