SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
novacat_2010

suggestions on toilet, its limited

novacat_2010
14 years ago

so...still not done with my hall (guest bathroom). i received my kohler (yes, kohler) toilet. its a cimarron, elongated, comfort height. it flushes real well, but doesn't exactly clean too good with the flush. i'm real disappointed with it as i dont want to have a toilet brush as a staple in my new bathroom. also, i never considered the depth ( from the wall to the front of the seat)when i ordered. before i ordered the toilet, after reading your forums, i decided i was getting a toto. so i go to the plumbing supply place and when i said toto (which they did carry)the lady told me that kohlers recent technology (class 5) was now up to toto.'s. so i went for it, and was satisfied that i was ordering from an american company. a week and a half later, after the toilet got some use, i discovered the "skid marks" problem with it. then i started googling kohler cimarron and came across that youtube demonstration. well, today i called kohler's customers service...they couldn't have been nicer. they are mailing me a letter of exchange (or something like that) that i am to give to the plumbing supply place so i could return my (used) toilet in exchange for another kohler. Here's where i need an answer or suggestion from you guys...since i am forced to get a kohler and really dont want to go 29 or 30" in depth, i am deciding between the kohler rialto or the san raphael. they are both short (which doesnt't really bother me, kinda like it) but more importantly comes out from the wall a mere 25" or so. the cimarron comes out just short of 30" and boy can i use that extra 5". so aside from the aesthtics, i want to know about the cleaning of the bowl when flushed. at this point i dont care about the five or six technology. i think i want the water to swirl around to give the bowl a little wash as its flushing. keep in mind that clogging has never been a problem in my household. my old toilet was and american standard from 1976 and maybe once or twice it clogged when my kids were small and god knows how much paper they used. so if anyone out there knows anything first hand about either the rialto or san raphael, please let me know. and dont beat me up about the toto thing... its too late now.

Comments (6)