SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
la_maudite

Canadians who bought Capital or BlueStar?

12 years ago

Hi everyone,

I've been following the threads about he Capital Culinarian (CC) and the arguments from the other side (namely and mostly BlueStar (BS) owners) with great interest. But there's nothing like seeing the thing in person, or even better trying it out. I'm not holding my breath for the latter, and here's why.

First of all, most showrooms who have ranges from more commonly available brands (Wolf, Thermador, DCS, Viking, etc) have a few models that are not connected to a gas supply. When we're talking Capital and BlueStar, just having one in a showroom is almost impossible.

I've asked the distributor of Capital in Canada for a list of resellers in the province of Quebec (their database is not up to date on their website). It looks like there are only two resellers in the province. One has a Capital Precision and the other one has a 36" Culinarian on the floor. I went to the second one and will write something about my visit later. As I said, there's nothing like seeing the thing in person. Of course, it was just sitting there, not hooked up to gas so we could not try it out.

As far as BlueStar goes, I found on their website that there's only one reseller in the province. He's considering having a range on the floor, but until they get one (if they do), I'm out of luck. I wrote a email to BlueStar (don't know if they have a distributor in Canada or if they sell directly) to know if the list of reseller was up to date, but didn't get an email back from them.

I was wondering if other canadians bought a Culinarian or a BlueStar. If so, where you able to see or try them first?

I'm a bit worried that the products are not more readily available around here. With all the talking about early service calls after the delivery, I want to make sure the parts won't take weeks to arrive and that I can find someone to do the repairs locally. Have other canadians been in this situation? What has been your experience?

Thanks.

P.S. Is it good etiquette to start another thread for my impressions on the Culinarian and what the salesman wanted me to buy instead?

Comments (10)