SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sangaree

a few more Val. odds 'n ends

Purplemoon
12 years ago

Luvs had asked about a close-up of my stacked plates on the kitchen counter, so here they

are....

And a few more Valentine bunnies. The crackled bunny and bird on a small corner shelf by bedroom got some roses. The hearth hare and candleholders just got the little wire stuff from DT for decoration. I should have put more effort into that, I know.

And speaking of roses, in 2010, our 40 Anniversary, Jason and Suzie sent me 40 'purple' roses! I saved the petals and put them in this jar, along with a photo I'd taken when I got the roses. I cut the photo down to just the outline of them and put it in the jar so I'd always remember how beautiful they were. Its also on that little corner shelf. I added a white bow is all.

And a few years ago I bought a white ceramic heart at Michaels, decoupaged a purple rose on it, and added an old skeleton key. So here the 'Key to My Heart', on the tea-cart. (photo is blurry, I must've moved)

Oh, and while I have your attention, LOL.... Awhile back I told you I saw a tutorial on a blog about making your own Mercury glass. I did it, then forgot to take photos. Both the vase and candleholder were clear glass from GW. I liked that the vase was 'ribbed' for texture. But it didn't turn out as good as I'd wanted.

hugs, Karen

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville
More Discussions