SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dreambuilder_gw

Long distance build

dreambuilder
11 years ago

We are relocating for a job....so I will be building approximately 5 hours away. I will basically only be at the house 1 or 2 times during construction. I have met the builder once but they come highly, highly recommended by everyone we have talked to. I guess I am getting cold feet but we really don't have any other options---the existing homes are either $100k or $600k and we want to be in the middle range of that and have a house that "works" for our family---there are no rentals that aren't slum like in nature. I will admit that I have a type A personality and it is extremely hard for me to hand them something say "build it" and see you in 5 months....I am worried that I will be disappointed with the result, that something will be missed or that it will not be what I wanted...anyone else deal with this? I have thought about waiting to build until we get there but again there aren't really a lot of viable options and the company is only willing to move us once, so we would be responsible for moving into the new home once completed.....plus we have small kids who are already going to be transitioning to schools so I don't want to have to keep moving them. Overwhelmed.

Comments (7)