SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aarmstrong1717

Delay Start

aarmstrong1717
14 years ago

I have been trying to decide on appliance and in the high end 30" DF range have narrowed my choice down to Wolf and Monogram. I also have my lower end two choices but for the time being I am wondering about the delay start or shut off timer feature of the Wolf. I have never had that feature before, and intrigued with it since this stove will be at a second home where we are often at the beach or doing outdoor activities like cross country skiing with family or guests. Not that I am advocating using an oven when I am not around but it means whoever is home would not have to deal with it while I was out and about. Would it not ruin whatever was cooking since it will take time to preheat the oven with the food there and also at the end time as the oven cools down? Do people just use it to preheat the oven for when they need it? How often or how practically useful is this feature. I tried to search the forum but couldn't really find any answers. I also perceive the meat probes in any of the ranges as difficult since you have to insert them using oven mitts which can't be easy and there are many meat thermometers with even portable units you can take with you to monitor.

As I realize reading this forum I at least don't feel alone by the vast amount of knowledge to learn, filter and decide what is ultimately important to me as a cook. Overwhelming indeed, especially when you get very good deals and two good brands similarly priced (and extremely discounted below MSRP).

Thanks in advance.

Comments (4)