SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sanctuarygirl

Changes to Don Gardner Keaton plan?

10 years ago

Okay...so this plan is my latest obsession, but I am worried about those two bump-outs on the left wing. I know every turn and bump-out means additional expense in framing and roofing, but would any of you say this floorplan was on the low end or high end of additional expense due to that?

I would love to hear your comments on few more changes I have in mind and any others you see:

1. I see zero reasons for the two small porches on the bedroom wing, so instead, I would rotate and push the guest bedrooms out into that space, which would allow me to get rid of the j+j bath and do a single bath instead. The inner corner of the porch that borders the kitchen/dining area would be added to the kitchen/dining space in some capacity.

2. I don't like the kitchen, but I don't know what to do with it? I would love a window, could I somehow do one on that inner corner I will add from the porch space? Or maybe switch the dining and kitchen spaces?

3. I need a 2nd living area, so would like to enlarge the study and make a large den by adding the space currently occupied by the master bath and squaring up that corner.

4. I would get rid of the rear porch that borders the mbr and get rid of the round sitting area, adding the square footage to the suite and squaring up that corner. I would push the sleeping chamber all the way to the rear wall and reconfigure the bath and closet spaces.

Here is a link that might be useful: Don Gardner Keaton floorplan

Comments (3)