SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marlene_kindred

Home and Moving slowly

11 years ago

Hi Everyone~

Sorry it took me a few days to get to an update. Had my surgery on Tuesday. All went well with that, but I had so much pain that I was in tears most of Tuesday night and Wednesday. Not something I want to relive. I finally got one of the nurses to believe me when I told her they weren't giving me enough pain meds and asked her to call the doctor. I'm not a little person in any respect of the word. So, when she called, another doctor was on call, but as it turned out, that doctor was one of mine as well...he told them that he knew me and that they needed to quadruple what they were giving me. He knew it sounded strange, but that I needed a huge amount of pain meds at first. So, they did that and I was better in a matter of an hour. After that, I was like a different person! My knee is quite swollen today and stiff, but the PT people came yesterday to get everything set up for next week and he told me I was already ahead of the game in walking, stretching and just general getting along.

Thanks so much for the thoughts and prayers and I would ask that you continue them. I know they make a difference. Been sleeping a lot and just generally taking it easy. And yes, I have pain, but it is a different pain all together. I'm looking forward to walking without a limp and without the endless pain I've had for the past few years.

I'm hanging in there. My gardens better look out this summer....I'm getting antsy.

Thanks again and hugs to all!
Marlene

Comments (19)

Sponsored
More Discussions