SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sangaree

Lynne Mann update

11 years ago

I checked Lynne's Facebook page and her posted yesterday...she's had a bad setback it sounds like and is back in the hospital. But some good news that is good.
Here is what her DH, Tom, posted.

"I guess this is one of those late evenings where one could say that Lynne is 'resting comfortably' ... because that is pretty much what she did all day and night. That was a good thing when they did the EEG this evening...less interference in the brain waves when a patient is that relaxed. The EEG was normal, thank goodness! She also had... an MRI this afternoon, that did not show any indication of a stroke. The MRI and the CAT Scan combined from last night pretty much eliminate a stroke that is causing her current condition. They also did another ultrasound of her leg where other clots were detected, but I never heard the results of that. Another positive this evening, they were able to feel a good pulse in her now less swollen left leg.

The neurologist who talked with us (Lee, Dawn and Tracey were there again, thank God!) this evening explained his thoughts very well on her current situation. He thinks things that are currently going on are related to possible infection from the abscess/lesion that showed up on yesterday's abdominal scan. He spoke very highly of the UNC hospital and said they are the among best in the area to deal with this. His thoughts and concerns will be passed along to UNC along with the EEG results, and we're feeling a little more relieved tonight. At the same time, he also mentioned that her current situation could be a collective 'little of this, little of that', all coming together at the same time.

So, while we did indeed get good news, there is still uncertainty in the days ahead. We're still waiting on a bed up at UNC. The holdup on that is that Lynne is currently in a 'step-down' unit, and ideally, it would be best for her to be transferred to the step-down at UNC, rather than admit her to the main recovery-type ward.

There are still a lot of unknowns to deal with in the days/weeks ahead. Hopefully, a lot of those will be remedied once Lynne is back at UNC and they can do and work with their own scans and tests and bloodwork in-house.

So, tonight, we thank God that apparently some of the worst case possibilites have been eliminated. All of us are well aware that our previously lengthy road to recovery for Lynne has now gotten considerably longer.

And as I type this a little after midnight, Johnston Memorial just called, a bed has opened up in their step-down unit, and Lynne will be transported over to UNC within the hour."

hugs, and prayers for Lynne,
Karen

Comments (10)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH
More Discussions