SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
christmascandy

Grandkids Room

christmascandy
13 years ago

This is a bedroom for the grandkids when they visit. The tree has stockings on it for all nine GK'S. I'm going to have to find an additional stocking for next Christmas. Yeah!! The Raggedies were my oldest daughters when she was little. The wooden truck is a TS find.

The desk has a Playmobil nativity for the GK's to play with and a storybook to accompany it. The house on the right side of the desk has lights and reads the entire story of The Night Before Christmas. The lampshade came from a TS and has holes punched to let light through where there are windows and lanterns in the picture.

The hutch has a Christmas Tree tea set from a TS, and various toys with which to play. The ceramic piece left of the hutch is one I painted in the 70's.

This tree has pink and burgundy ornaments for the DGD's and clear lights. Snoring Santa actually snores and there is a storybook of Barbie in the Nutcracker.

There are 2 more trees in this room that are small, plain trees and a basket of ornaments for the GK's to decorate them as they please. When my now 9 yr. old DGS was 2 he decorated one of the trees by just walking around and putting everything on the top. Then he stood back with his hands on his hips and said "Grandma, its bue-i-ful!"

Unfortunately, they are so big now and in so many activities, they didn't have time to come and stay and decorate the trees this year. : (

I'm glad they're busy and active, but its hard to find time for visits. I do go to their activities when time permits.

TTFN,

Candy

Comments (11)

Sponsored
More Discussions