SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marmoreus_gw

websites with pics to get style/finish help?

marmoreus
16 years ago

Hi,

I've been getting some great help on this forum in improving the house plans we are working on. Thank you!

Now I was wondering if any of you could direct me to some websites to help in picking out all the "stuff" that goes into building a home.

The style we like is not easy to search for (or maybe it is but I just need some guidance.) We like an updated farmhouse/modern country look and it seems harder to find examples of it than say, craftsman or french country. If you have seen the Midwest Living Idea Home 2007 than that's it (well, mostly it. Some of their choices inside are a bit too modern for my taste.) I'll put a link to it.

I guess since it's kind of an eclectic type style it's not so imperative that we get everything to fit the style just right, but I am really clueless when it comes to this kind of stuff. I need to see examples to know what looks good and pick out what I like. Interior design is definitely not my strong suit.

I also have a feeling that we may have to order quite a bit online since our choices of local stores is quite limited. So if you know of some good websites to get me started in my searching, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

Here is a link that might be useful: idea home

Comments (5)