SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jeannespines

Italy Bowls & Silverplate Tea Set Finds for Holidays Ahead!

jeannespines
13 years ago

Been TS'ing to some new places (& old) the past few days & I came home w/some new "old" things I plan to use in the upcoming holidays.

These 4 "Ceramica Quadrifoglio" bowls (made in Italy)I found on an overnight trip with DH at a "resale shop." $5.99 for the 4 of 'em & I plan to use them w/the Gabriel green pottery I found at GS last summer...I've shared a t'scape w/Gabriel last yr. Here's the new PRETTY bowls:

Here's a close-up of the bowl's pattern...the teapot bottom says "Produced for Designpac Inc. Northlake, IL (made in China)...It's such a beautiful color (colbalt navy blue glaze)...it drew me to the shelf of dishes!...$5.99 also:

This pic I stacked 2 Gabriel coffee cups so you can see how the greens look tog:

Last Fri. found this silverplated tea set on the floor under a table in a consignment shop & the owner said 75% off everything on table & below...it was very tarnished & I am working on it...here's a pic w/a couple pcs in front looking so much better! Haven't touched teapot yet (in back)...tray I worked on quite a bit...but needs more:

The teapot set is Leonard Silverplate & I found some on e-bay listed for $39.99 up to $59.99 (shiny & in good shape pcs)! The CS owner had $30 listed so I got the set for $7.50! I plan on using the silver tray (or more) for Val day decor:

Sugar bowl (not in pic). But I was so excited that an "extra piece" came w/this set! It was completely diff & I finally found some info about it Googling. That pitcher is "Waltham Silver Co 183" on the bottom of the pc...found out it was "discont. circa - 1890...183 silverplate, Hollowware." (on right in pic above). On the bottom of the pitcher was a pc of masking tape that said, "Grandma Hall's"...ohhhh, that makes me sad! (that no one kept it in the family!)

Here's how all the pcs looked before I started "polishing:"

I'll keep working on them! (ewwww...charcoal, rough hands!)

Well, I carried this little darling bunny around for a half hr to decide if I wanted to add her to Dollbaby's collection for Easter decor...

She' all fabric, fuzzy gray...I don't know if she's handmade...she looks it...no tags on her...she's a "sitter" ...has a block of wood in her so legs hang down...who couldn't bring this bunny home for $2.99!!! A closer-up view:

{{gwi:1404316}}

And, LOL, I have to share this figurine labelled "Frumps!" My sis will turn 60 next wk & her job was being cut about 5 yrs ago...so she changed careers, went back to school & got her LPN degree & became a nurse! My $4 find...will go good w/flowers! LOL:

TFlookin' ...hope you enjoyed...I did! Jeanne S.

Comments (15)

Sponsored
More Discussions