SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
judithva_gw

Easter Accessories Inspiration Photos

judithva
17 years ago

These are photos I took out of a magazine.

{{gwi:1404023}}

{{gwi:1404024}}

{{gwi:1404025}}

{{gwi:1404026}}

This look (of a Single raised cake plate) can be used for any occasion, Christmas, Valentines, etc) if you don't have a "tall" cake plate, you can make a temporiary one from a candle stick and a plate attached with hot glue gun glue. To remove the glue after done with the "look" run your hair dryer on low over the glue, it will loosen the glue and allow you to remove the glue residue and the items stuck together. Walmart was selling these (cake stands) at Chrismas time, maybe in some of your Walmarts there are some left.

{{gwi:1404027}}

Comments (25)

• luvstocraft
    17 years ago

Hi Judith, darling pics. One the bottom shelf of the cabinet, the green plate looks like the ones some of you bought this year. I bought the single, but I think you got the double one like that. Love the teapot with the bunnies too. Wow! a couple of those cake stands are really elegant. Bet you could put a similar thing together by using an upside down vase, pretty ruffled bowl upside down and then a crystal plate on top of that. Challenge would be finding pieces that would fit together well. Love the place setting with the three coordinating plates too. The top plate would work for St. Pat's since it has clovers on it. Very pretty, thanks for sharing. Luvs

• patty_cakes
    17 years ago

Posting here has become a real bear, but I just HAD to make the attempt to see your pics and was lucky to see they downloaed~yeaaaaaa!

I absolutely love the bunnies in the cabinet~love that kitchen, too! I know it's just a pic in a magazine, but IRL, do you think the cabinet would be used for dishes or whatever, and only 'set up' as a holiday cabinet for a certain time, and then back to normal? My best friend had a glass-front cabinet in her last home and displayed all her vintage porcelain~she had tons of cabinets, so dedicating one special cabinet for displaying wasn't a big deal. I have one cabinet that is just open shelving where I keep a set of dishes and vintage glassware, but it's just myself, not a family.

Love the pink print animals, but think they need a little something at the base. What a pretty table tho!

What gorgeous plate stands, especially the one with the 'apron'~I *think* that's what it would be called. Can you still buy one like that or is it antique? And do those cakes look yummy or *what*? Almost too pretty to cut into.

Thanks again for the eye candy Judith! We'll never get enough.LOL ;o)

patty_cakes

• Related Discussions

Our Easter Inspiration Album--100 plus photos

Q

Comments (5)
    I enjoyed seeing these again... I was thinking of All who've posted here in the past and shared such wonderful decorating ideas...it's so nice that we can still enjoy what they shared thru the Albums you've created for us. Thank You! jane
    ...See More

Inside Easter Cabinets and Outside Easter Decorations

Q

Comments (10)
    Marlene the large bunnies on the buffet are a couple I picked up while out ys. I didn't have many before coming to Holidays. Now I don't pass them up! Karen, I knew you had something to do with Jas signing my book, "The Energizer Bunny". His book sits in our LR and I tell all what an amazing, inspiring guy he is! Love the part he wrote "Never Give UP" too. There is times that I to think I should open a store instead of donating so much.haha However, I would share with anyone who wants to come visit! Creek, decorating the outside was pretty easy. Alot of the eggs have wires so all I did was hang them up! So quick compared to tying the string ones. I'm thinkingif I go shopping after Easter, I will pick up more for next year. I know I have more out in the shed tho.LOL I will always Treasure my book "Burning Shield" signed by Jas. Nana, not a clue how many Bunnies I have! Looking forward to seeing your new one that hopped in this year! Always wonderful to know the decor brightens someones day. Did you see this Jelly Bean tree someone decorated? I Love It! So simple and just darling I think. Thanks so much ladies for all the Sweet comments. I've been so busy, I forgot I posted these and didn't respond. Good thing Nana was gone playing with Felicity and brought them back up. Now I'm behind but will catch up! Punk
    ...See More

don't forget our Easter albums

Q

Comments (9)
    LOL, OA..loved your last sentence. I think you nailed it. All those photos are not just 'inspiration', there's a lot of learning there too I guess. I've got so much on Too Long To Do list now to try and do or make. I probably should post an occasional reminder, but I feel sort of like it might sound as if I'm pushing for attention with the albums. I hope most of you keep the main Holiday link to them bookmarked, so its easy for you to get to them, and reminds you they are there. Frou, generally its easy to move photos, tho it does break any links to pictures already posted. There is a 'move' link on each picture, and you direct it to which album you want it sent to. You can't move a whole album tho, which is why the Tablescape one stays in wrong place on my home page. I'm too lazy to start over with it and move all the photos to new albums in our Holiday section. hugs, Karen
    ...See More

Pictures, photos, accessories, and dwindling wall space

Q

Comments (2)
    We have a lot of art and there is something on almost every wall. When we painted the kitchen a couple of years ago, I didn't replace the art on one wall between two windows. I couldn't decide what I wanted and was thinking of hanging a piece that was different from what had been there previously. Well, it is still blank. I am rather liking having it bare. I find it restful. All that is to say, do what appeals to you. If you search gallery walls here on GW or on google, you will get lots more inspiration. You can make wonderful groupings with photographs and maybe you could also work some of your shelves into the arrangement. If you post pictures, you may get more responses! :)
    ...See More
  • Sandi_W
    17 years ago

Judith, Beautiful pictures. I think my favs are the plates used in the tablesetting, the pink spotted animals and of course, the cabinet. That would be a wonderful idea in a china cabinet also. Change the items out several times a year.

Luvs, I was thinking the same thing about the plates with the pink flowers and green clover.

Sandi

• paintingfool
    17 years ago

Would you believe I do not have a cake plate?? My daughter liked the pedestal cake plate I had and it found a new home shortly after - hers. She likes displaying cakes in her kitchen - but she doesn't want anyone to eat them - my poor husband did not understand this at all. These cakes are very pretty and Easter looking. I learned to decorate cakes a long time ago out of necessity so as soon as I find a cake plate I am going to try again - I love the decorating part - don't like the baking part.

Judith, I love the glass front cabinets, I don't have any in my kitchen - I use an antique china cabinet of my mother's, it is small but displays my tea cups and tea pots nicely. When I purchased my new dining room set a few years ago I couldn't sell the old china cabinet, so I put it in my Florida room and it now holds books and stuff. You have given me a great idea on what to put in there for the spring - I'm on the hunt for bunnies and cabbages LOL.

I have told yall that my hubby is the best and he supports me with anything I want to do. I am always showing him the pictures yall post and he is even helpful when we go shopping. Last night he came into the computer room and asked "are you on line with the girls?" When I said yes, he wanted to know what had been posted!! Isn't that the sweetest?

• luvstocraft
    17 years ago

PF, now there are "fake" cakes that you can leave on display all the time. We had a couple at the store where I worked. They are so beautiful and look just as luscious as the real thing--and No Baking!

Sandi, if I could find some plates like those, I would want to buy them for sure. Might be fun to surf the net to see what's available, huh? Not like I need to spend MORE money! LOL

• Sandi_W
    17 years ago

Paintingfool, Your DH sounds like the perfect husband. How wonderful for you. Everyone should have one like him.

You had the same idea I did. I will be having 2 china cabinets also and am going to use one for holiday decorating. It's in my sitting area now and used for books and what-nots now.

Luvs, Let's hope Judith's magazine has a shopping guide that lists the plates. How about it Judith? Wanta check your mag for us?

Sandi

• patty_cakes
    17 years ago

Can everyone here give me an opinion? I'm thining of putting in new kitchen cabinets~nothing expensive like granite! Am planning to use a laminate(formica)and have brought home several samples:black/cream/ivory spotted, brown/black 'splotched', cream/tan granite look, and a solid black matte. My cabinets are cream like the ones pictured, but a little lighter. My floors are a medium brown hardwood. I'm partial to the black matte, but have opinions from others that it will appear too dark. I say it will look rich. After seeing the attached pic, i'm wanting the black even more!

I posted on the home decorating and buying/selling houses forums, and was told to go with *anything* but the black!

Opinions, please. ;o)

patty_cakes

• tamgypsy
    17 years ago

Judith...I love those pictures and the kitchen in it..:)
    Someday I will redo my kitchen. I will use those pictures for inspiration for my corner hutch and entertainment center hutches. Especially for spring I can have fun with all the cabbage plates...:)

Patty...I also love the look of cream cabinets and I agree with you I like the darker contrast with it. I don't know if I would go with a solid matt black...I would prefer for myself more of the black/cream/ivory spotted as long as it leans to the darker side of the spectrum...heavier on the black I mean...
    Uggh ...I am making no sense this morning...lol...I hope you can decipher what I am trying to say...LOL

• Sandi_W
    17 years ago

Patty_cakes, Are you redoing your countertops with the intention selling your home soon? That might be a big factor in what you decide. I love the contrast of the cream cabinets and black countertop in the kitchen above. I say if YOU like it, go for it.

Tamgypsy, It must be one of "those" mornings. I'm feeling out of the loop also.

Sandi

• judithva
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Glad you all enjoyed these.
    luvs, good ideas about takeing other glass objects and using them.

As for IRL (in real life?) people using a kitchen cabinet as a "display" yes, I think it is done by some people (weirdos like me that likes constant change in the area of accessories LOL). I think it depends upon how large ones kitchen space is, if they can give up the real-estate to a "collection of accessories", I know I would, that is the whole point to me if you have a glass fronted display area, I would be "playing" with it constantly.

The china you are asking about is by Herend....very, very, very expensive, did I say "very" enough? LOL ($600.00 or so a place setting) ARGGGGG
    Yes, it is beautiful, but in my case I looked for something similar, for instance about 2 weeks ago at Marshalls and TJ Max I bought Lenox china dishes that has flower and butterfly designs in it. The plates have very much the same feel. I'll try to get a snap shot tonight or in the a.m. of the plates. Anyway, they are a very good price, and they have the dinner, the larger salad plate, and mugs in the store right now. I constantly use subsitution to get the look I want.

paintingfool, yes, your hubby does sound wonderful...does he have an older brother?????

Speaking of cake stands, I have 2 (normal large size) with the domes (Walmart) and I will also use them for putting little Vignettes on them, looks pretty neat I think... that way you get "double duty" out of them.

pattycakes, I had wanted at one time the black counter top for ages myself, but I was told the same thing from people.

I am a fan of high contrast myself. At one time I wanted to do my kitchen in white cabinets and black counters, so I did a fair amount of research on it. As far as it goes about the counters appearing dark....well, it is black, so it will appear dark LOL, it's up to you to decide whether you like the "darkness" of the counter.

I am like you, I think it looks rich and dramatic, but black is not for everyone....

One way to find out if you would like it is to do a little test, I have done this before, not really practical, but take a black flat bed sheet or get a few yards of black cotton material and lay it down on your counters, put your normal kitchen items back on your counter and stand back and look, this will give you an idea how the black matte counters will affect the overall look of your room.

• judithva
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Gee, while I was posting a few more messages came in,
    Tamgypsy, you made perfect sense to me! A multicolor counter top with the touches of black, cream/ivory would be very pretty to, you would still get your black (drama) in there along with some "lightness".
    Going with solid black does make a "statement" but depending on how bad one wants it, it may be worth it to that person, however, I agree if you are selling SOON, then probably better to go with some thing not as dramatic. In my case, I will be living in my house (I think....a long time, so I like to go with what I really want to please me, not a future buyer) But since it will be a long time before I can do a complete re-do, I'm stuck with my plain cream formica......) LOL

• Sandi_W
    17 years ago

Judith, Say it ain't so! $600 a place setting? I don't remember seeing the butterfly design at TJ's or Marshall's so a picture would be great. I can NOT go into another store for awhile. I'm spent more than my limit. It's pretty bad when a person goes into a grocery store and looks to see what can be used for holiday decorating! LOL

Sandi

• judithva
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Yes, I almost fainted when I saw the price....these dishes are from a High-end china company......
    In my area, a whole load of thoese flower and butterfly Lenox china dishes I mentioned above were put out a couple of weeks ago.

I even look in drug stores and sometimes childrens toy stores for accessories....., believe me I look EVERYWHERE..... my DD is always telling me MOM YOU DON'T NEED ANY MORE DISHES........!!!!!!! LOL

Here is another dish set from Herend.

{{gwi:1404028}}

Ahhhhhhh

• judithva
    Original Author
    17 years ago

A few more pictures to tantilize you.

a href="http://photobucket.com/"; target="_blank">{{gwi:1404029}}

a href="http://photobucket.com/"; target="_blank">{{gwi:1404030}}

{{gwi:1404031}}

{{gwi:1404034}}

{{gwi:1404037}}

a href="http://photobucket.com/"; target="_blank">{{gwi:1404039}}

Love the green leaf "charger". Green is so useful...
    {{gwi:1404041}}

• luvstocraft
    17 years ago

OMG! Where do you find your clippings? Those are so amazing! And the flower arrangements are just gorgeous too! Love that tablesetting with the high end dishes--in the past, I would have just looked at that, said "oh,that is really beautiful" and just moved on. Thanks to having read Judith's posts on here, I now look at it and say "Isn't it nice to know we can use that as inspiration but substitute a more affordable set?" The glasses in that one are so "high class" too. See Judith, we ARE learning from you. ;o)

We don't even have sit down dinners at my house that much anymore. This forum is making me want to just keep dishes on my table all the time just so I can enjoy looking at it!

Those leaf chargers are really nice in the last pic--and I see how the pink dish looks even better on top of the white plate. Like you said "a picture is worth a thousand words". TFS

Luvs

• labmomma
    17 years ago

luvs - LOL we don't eat at the proper table except when company's coming either! That's what makes my obsessions with this decorating thing so crazy.

Judith - the pink & white animals on the tablescape - any idea of the manufacturer?

Thanks!

• judithva
    Original Author
    17 years ago

labmomma, the animals are also made by Herend, go to www.herendusa.com, they have all their stuff showing on the website, such beautiful animal figurines and of course all the china, sooooooooooo expensive. Sigh....

luvs, I'm glad you are enjoying all the inspiration photos, I have to "subsitute" for all most every design I see and like, half the fun is coming up with a creative solution.

Table setting is an addictive "sport" it is just such fun "eye candy", it always makes me smile, I enjoy it for myself, but even if you only set a more "involved" table once a month you can still receive a lot of enjoyment just with that (your own 5 start restruant type of feel) LOL

• judithva
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Remember the Lenox flowers and butterfly plates that I just got and had mentioned in a post above to substitute for these:

{{gwi:1404026}}

Well, here are the plates, I bought them in the all matching pattern so far, but they have them in different flower and butterfly designs, I only bought these 2 designs.
    The other Lenox choices highlight different flowers/color and butterflys.

This is the dinner plate

This small one one top of the dinner plate is the salad/bread&butter/dessert plate:

I know it is missing the gold rim, but I was trying to capture the "garden feeling" more than anything else. Of course I still need to get "other" goodies.
    Oh, in case you did not see where I purchased these: I got them at TJ Max, for a very reasonalble price.

I don't think they are too bad of a substitution, what do you all think?

• kathleen_li
    17 years ago

Very pretty, Judith! There used to be a Noritake Outlet near me. They had a clearance section that you would have loved. When they had their sales, you could get BEAUTIFUL plates for a dollar. Perfect for doing you mix and match magic! Unf, they closed a year ago, and I miss them. Of course, my basement is a testament to all those bargains I couldn't pass up, so maybe it is for the better. I still have a Lenox outlet, but never as good as Noritake was!
    Thanks for the pics.

• patty_cakes
    17 years ago

Judith, I think they're *perfect* for a garden luncheon! They're a little less formal without the gold ring, but are very pretty. A great substitution for some pricey dinnerware.

My TJM never has much of a selection of separate dishware, or else they get picked over very quickly. If I find dinner plates, they won't have salad plates/bowls or vice versa, and I hate taking the chance on another store having them and NOT, which would mean running back to return......argggggg! Maybe I need to go moe ofter??

Now will be waiting for pics with the unveiling of another beautiful table. ;o)

patty_cakes

• Sandi_W
    17 years ago

Judith, I love your new dishes and really like the scalloped edge. Can't wait to see the new setup.

Kathleen_li, How lucky you were to have a Noritake outlet near you. And now we all know that your basement is full and want pics when you do your tablesettings. ;~)

Patty_cakes, All of the stores we've talked about here get picked over really fast also. I've decided I want to get 8 white good china plates for formal and then I can just buy the salad plates to use with them.

Sandi

• labmomma
    17 years ago

Judith - thanks for the site for the china "animals". I didn't realize that they were manufactured by the china company as well. Unfortunately, those pieces were just as expensive if not more expensive than the Herend china pattern place settings. I was surprised, expected them to be a bit pricey, I was definitely low balling what I thought they would be priced at. Most were about $1,000 or more and sizes are about 4-6 inches. Not affordable for me, but inspired me to look for a similar look. On the hunt once again...

Also, I am admiring your Lenox pattern above. Just happened to see it in Macy's this afternoon while I was over at the mall. It is very pretty and perfect for the garden look you wanted.

I once did a ivy with butterflies from AC Moore as a center runner down my d/r table for a shower for my SIL. It really looked nice. We didn't use china, but the papergoods were a lilac background with butterflies on them. Despite not being china, they were good quality and looked nice tied in with the table decoration. It is amazing how a look can come together very inexpensively. The butterflies cost me next to nothing, and I already had the ivy. In fact, the ivy were 12 candle "rings" that I tied together with those ties that come with the trash bags (I save the green ones, LOL). Just placed them down the center of the table and intersperced the butterflies in different colors and used several candle sticks. It took some creative thinking, little money and got lots of compliments on the tablescape.

I am in search of some salad plates and there were alot of patterns that would compliment my wedding china pattern. There are several "spring" colors in that set and I don't think I will have a problem with finding the color, I just am trying to find a bargain. LOL

• luvstocraft
    17 years ago

Judith, your new plates are so soft and pretty, perfect spring look. Did you set out to find something similar to your clipping? Or was it a happy 'accident"? Yours will pair nicely with a soft green or any pastel solid color plates too. Will be fun to see them in your new tablesetting. ;o)

Labmomma, sounds like you are very creative. Now when you make lovely things like that tablescape, we sure hope you will take pics to share with us.

Kathleen, sounds like you might have some pretty plates to share with us too. Please snap some pics of them. You don't have to wait to do a whole tablescape, just the individual plates would be great. We love "eye candy"!

Luvs

• kathleen_li
    17 years ago

Luvs,
    I haven't mastered the pics yet, I do have a dig camera and I am trying to learn. I would love to share some pics with all of you!
    As I mentioned we used to have a Noritake Outlet, they knew my name! I would always head to the back of the store. Amazing bargains, and I am a bargain hunter. My big splurge on dishes was a few years ago. I started collecting Lenox Eternal Christmas, which are beautiful but unfort they discont them 2 yrs after I started Thank goodness I had most of what I needed because on Replacements they are almost $40 per plate plus shipping. Too expensive for me! I have 16 dinner plates and at least 12 of everything else, but I would have complted the whole set. I have a Lenox, Pfaltsgraff and Mikassa outlet 45 min away, so I try to stop in to see what they have on clearance. I hope I never have to move, too much stuff.
    I read somewhere that someone had 14 sets of dishes, so I am not alone in this bad habit!

• judithva
    Original Author
    17 years ago

kathleen, I agree, Noritake china has a lot of pretty patterns, its a good thing there is not an outlet here, otherwise I would go broke for sure. Yes, please post some photos of your goodies. Oh ya, I am a dish junkie, I am sure I have over 20 different pattern and colors of dishes, some are "complete" sets, some are partial, because I only use them as accessory accents on the table, but I do have more than the "average bear" LOL

patticakes, our stores get picked over pretty quick too (I'm sure I'm a culprit too LOLOLOL) so you have to buy what you see then, rather than wait. Sometimes I will go to the next town to the store there to "complete" a set.

labmomma, Yes, weren't those prices shocking!!! I can't even imagine, but I love the eye candy and inspiration, and try to find subistutions. Your decorations for your sisters shower sounds wonderful! I don't blame you for looking for a bargain, that's my motto to. LOL Good luck in your hunt I'm sure you will find something to go with your good china.

luvs, I have been looking for those type of dishes for a while because I have a few other inspiration photos for "garden" style table settings that I wanted to do. The Lenox comes pretty close.

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH
More Discussions