SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
olderthandirt_gw

Knock, Knock...May I Come In?

olderthandirt
15 years ago

Hi! My name is Lisa and I am a dishaholic! I'm new to this forum, but not to GardenWeb. I've lurked for years in some of the Family and Home forums. I found this one when I was googling for dinnerware...was I ever surprised when GardenWeb came up in my search. I should have known--in my best "Homer Simpson" voice - DOH!

I've spent the last two weeks reading old posts in my spare time (what there is of it anyway!). I'm so relieved to know that I'm not alone in my "disease"!

But now, thanks to all of you, I've got a new addiction..."tablescapes". Up until last week, I'd never given a thought to "decorating" my table. With a husband and two grown sons, I'm lucky if I can get everything ON the table! So today...I went to the $ store and picked up six placemats and a Valentine' Day wreath (grand total $7.29 with tax) and then spent a gift card at Peeble's and got four small leaf-shaped dishes and one large one (for next fall). They were on clearance for $4.50 for the small ones and $6.50 for the large one (reguarly $12 and $20)...and I still have $ left on my giftcard!

Thanks for all the great ideas you all have posted. You're certainly VERY talented. And this forum seems much more friendly than others! I think I'll be spending lots more time here.

OTD/lisa

Comments (18)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County
More Discussions