SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lisaa007

Kohler Caribbean or Sunrise roll top tub?

lisa_a
12 years ago

Does anyone have either of these tubs? Both are cast iron soaking tubs with a sloped back. The Sunrise (model #812) is a claw foot tub that we can order sans claws ;-) and have installed as a drop-in tub. It's supposed to be similar to the Barclay 68" roll top tub that I tried at a local showroom but it's an inch wider. Both roll top tubs are fairly narrow by US standards, apparently, but I liked how the Barclay cradled me.

I'm waiting on pricing but these will probably come up fairly close (our plumber gets a really nice discount that he passes on to me) so it really comes down to which one I think will suit me best and fit our home's style. Sure wish I could find one of these somewhere locally to try out.

Pamela, the fabulous woman who helped me at Ferguson's, told me that both tubs are quite popular and that she had 2 of the Caribbean coming in for other customers. I was so tempted to ask her if she'd asked her customers if I could come sit in their tub (fully clothed, of course!) once it was installed. I'd be willing to bring bath salts, candles, etc, all the trappings for a wonderful bathing experience in exchange.

Anyhoo, if anyone here has one of these tubs, I'd love to hear from you. TIA!

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio