SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
corgibob

Smallest microwave available?

corgibob
13 years ago

What is the smallest microwave you know of that's still available?

The 36" Bertazzoni I've been coveting for a year is on a super-duper sale! That means getting rid of my OTR micro hood and finding a space for a new micro. The main things we need it for: clock, timer (Berta has none), melting butter, and occasional warming. I'd prefer white.

I don't have much counter space and am actually losing 6" in order to install this range. I'd love to be able to tuck a small microwave into a shelf of our pantry. The problem is, there's only 16.75" width available (height and depth are fully adjustable). By width, I'm mean across the front of the machine. I've noticed some brands refer to "width" as front to back (wha?).

I've checked RV, boat, dorm styles as well as regular countertops. (I even looked into "Hello Kitty" microwaves (UGH!).) If only the touch panels were over the door rather than next to them! I did find a few like that but they are discontinued (such as the Sharp Half-Pint). I found someone selling black Half-Pints but they weren't clear as to whether those were refurbished or not. Also, the clock isn't lighted and the timer doesn't work unless the microwave is being used.

There must be something out there! There are plenty of 17" wide ones. I just need a 1/2" narrower! Any info would be much appreciated!

Comments (15)