SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cattknap

Has anyone heard from Judith?

cattknap
16 years ago

I've been thinking of her and wondering how she is....has anyone heard from her?

Comments (34)

• thrift_shop_romantic
    16 years ago

I was wondering about that, too. I hope she's just been busy.

--Jenn

• tamgypsy
    16 years ago

Same here...I hope she is just taking time to recover and maybe busy coming up with all the spring themes for her home...I can't wait for her to get back

• Related Discussions

• Sandi_W
    16 years ago

I hope Judith is feeling much better now. Maybe she will check in and let us know how she's doing. We're all hoping everything is going great for you, Judith.

• luvstocraft
    16 years ago

Sure miss all her helpful comments and gorgeous pics of her creations and the inspiration photos she finds for us. I too hope she will feel like joining in here more soon. Luvs

• Purplemoon
    16 years ago

Looks like Judith has been on all our minds since she's not posted in awhile. Hope she's back here soon and feeling up to joining in.

hugs, Karen

• jaybird
    16 years ago

I'm thinking about her too.....blessings to you Girlie!!!!

and also our other Jim.....we finally caught up with one of them, but lost the other!!!

• kathleen_li
    16 years ago

Judith, if you are out there, hope you will feeling better soon!!

• bettyd_z7_va
    16 years ago

Judith,
    Praying you are just taking a rest. You have such a sweet nature that comes through loud and clear here and I miss you also.
    Betty

• judithva
    16 years ago

Gosh, I was surprized to see my name on a posting.

CATTKNAP and EVERYONE!!!, thank you for thinking of me! I have been pretty busy since I went back to work, I had alot of paperwork catching up to do!

Also, I have had many Dr. appts. that has taken up my time and thoughts. Without going in to lots of details, I have a bit of a "medical journey" to go thru for 6 months or so. It may make me sicker, but it is best in the long run for me. So depending on how I feel, sometimes I won't be on as much as I would like. But, if I am having good days then I will try to post some tablesettings and stuff! But in the meantime I will enjoy all the talent that is here on "Holidays", there is so much of it, I am blessed to have found my "niche" of other creative like-minded souls, thank goodnes for that! )

Tamgypsy, I received your lovely Christmas package of ornaments, they are wonderful, thank you so much. I did "PM" you after I got them at the HGTV site with a message, but you have not checked it I think..I know you only go on that site sometimes, but I did want to let you know in-case you were wondering.

Everyone, again, THANK YOU so much for your thoughts, it is appreciated more than you know!

• kathleen_li
    16 years ago

So good to hear from you. And my prayers for you on your journey towards health. Best wishes!

• Sandi_W
    16 years ago

Judith, It's nice to hear from you and I'm glad that you're feeling a little better. Take care and let us hear from you when you can. Sending you the best.

• Purplemoon
    16 years ago

Judith, hope you know we'll be with you in heart and prayer during your journey. And always here for you during the good and the bad times. Just take care of yourself and post when you can.

much love, Karen

• delphinium33
    16 years ago

Judith,
    Thanks for all your wonderful past posts. They have been such an inspiration for me. Now take care of yourself and know that there are many thoughts and prayers coming your way as you continue along your medical journey. Let us know how you're doing when you feel up to it.

• craftylinda59
    16 years ago

Juditha taught me how to do the stacking plates and is always so helpful to everyone that asks. She is one of the kindest and talented ladies on this board. We're glad when you can let us know a little bit how your doing. You have so many peolpe who's thought are on you and our prayers go out to you on this journey your facing.
    God Bless you and your family.
    linda

• catiecupcake
    16 years ago

Good to see you again and I too hope your journey over the next few months goes smoothly for you. I will be sending you good thoughts.

• judithva
    16 years ago

Thank you again, everyone, I do appreciate everyones thoughts and prayers! You are all such wonderful folks, I get great strength from your support, it truly means alot to me! Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• bettyd_z7_va
    16 years ago

Judith,
    Just a thought: Maybe you could get your DD to drop us a note when you didn't feel up to it so we can pour more love on when necessary. I will add you to our prayer list at church also. What an inspiration you have been to all of us.
    I would love to actually meet you some day. Maybe a teenie-tiny bit of that awesome talent would rub off on me in person!!!!!
    Seriously, take care of yourself and get lots of those healing veggies into yourself when you can. HUGS
    Betty

• judithva
    16 years ago

Betty,
    My DD is I think one of the only younger people on this planet that is NOT into the internet at all LOL, she rarely goes to it (and only when she visits me and only if she has too, she just doesn't enjoy the "net" LOL)

If you are ever in my neck of the woods (it looks like you are in VA from the looks of your "name title area") I'd love to meet you, that would be fun! Veggies, YUCK, I hate veggies (at least the cooked kind, I only eat them if they are raw) (which I love) yes, I am weird. LOL Thank you for adding me to your prayer list, I appreciate all the good thoughts I can get! :)

• paintingfool
    16 years ago

Judith, hope you are feeling better now, I really missed you over the holidays. I think I have saved everyone of your tablesettings (the pink one being my favorite). It was so good to know that there were others out there that loved dishes as much as I do.

If you love raw vegetables (I don't care for cooked either), try marinating them in Zesty Italian for 3-4 hours, they come out so good!! I take every kind of vegetable I can get, squash, zucchini, red-yellow-and green peppers, cucumber, cauliflower, broccoli, red onion, etc., cut them in bite size pieces and put them in a plastic bag with Zesty Italian. Mix them up every so often then into the salad bowl. I make this when we have a get together and everyone wants the recipe -LOL. I tell them it is a secret family recipe but if I like them I will tell them.

Take care of yourself, Judith. You are so lucky to have so many people who care about you.

• jaybird
    16 years ago

We are putting you on the list at our church too!!! We need you back here full time!!!
    Blessings to you dearie!!

• judithva
    16 years ago

paintingfool, thankyou you are so sweet, I am alway glad to know there are other "pinkies" out there like me LOL That Zesty Italian marinate sounds great, I will definately try it! And, I totally agree, I am so fortunate to have found you all!

Jaybird, thank you, it will be a hard road to travel, but with everyones support it does make all the difference! :)

• cattknap
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Judith - here you are!! I haven't checked in here for a while - we have been painting and packing in preparation for putting our house on this horrible real estate market.....I think of you often and figured you had returned to work. So glad that you are feeling well even though you are still dealing with health issues - take care my friend and don't forget that we dish-a-holics are always hungry to see your fabulous and beautiful tablescapes!

• luvstocraft
    16 years ago

Cattknap, I can't believe you are moving. You have put so much into that house and it is so gorgeous now. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you haven't waited too long and will still get a good price for your house. The economy is sure hitting the real estate market hard.

So do you already have a new house? I read one post where you were considering a couple of different states. I know you will have fun putting your special touches on your new home.

Do keep in touch with us here, and if you run across any pretty dishes or accessories while you are packing/unpacking that you think we might like to see, be sure to take some pics for us, okay? You know how we love pretty dishes and accessories!

Judith, Good morning! Hope you are feeling okay and still coming by to see what's going on here. We are still keeping you in our thoughts and prayers.

Luvs

• marylmi
    16 years ago

Judith, I also want to send you good wishes and will say a prayer that you will be as good as new! You are such an inspiration! Take care~

• mary_ruth
    16 years ago

Judith, saying hello from this board! Good to see you posting my VA neighbor!

• bettyd_z7_va
    16 years ago

Judith,
    Always thinking of you and praying for you. You're the cause of this dish-aholism problem I have and you must get well soon. I've never seen anyone with such talent AND such a sweet, helpful spirit. Wish we were closer. I could come polish your silver or something. Feeling so inadequate as a cyber friend and I'm sure others feel the same way.
    Soooooo, lots of long-distance hugs, back rubs, cool cloths to the forehead, broth, etc,etc,etc.

Mary Ruth, do you live in Va also? I'm in the central Va area. It is so neat to find people with like minds and the same addictions!!!! Went shopping yesterday. Everything I picked up I thought, "Would Judith like this? How would she put these together? How can I put these together to look half as good as her creations?"

Kathleen, I was looking at the cooking forum after seeing your delish food. Hope you will be proud of me. I actually made biscuits from scratch!!! 53 years old and finally got up the nerve to do them!! I had asked my mom to show me years ago and she told me she had forgotten how. My DH loves me being retired. I've got to watch it though. I'm eating too much of what I cook. Jeans are getting snug!

Have a great day everyone.

Betty

• judithva
    16 years ago

Catt, Oh, I hope things will go well for you, in selling your home, but the fantastic thing is, is that your home (from the great photos you have posted) INSIDE AND OUTSIDE, is stunning, far and above all the other homes in your area, so you will blow out the competition! I will keep my fingers crossed for you! Yes, I am back to work, I just am taking it day by day.

Luvs, you are always so sweet, thank you for keeping me in your prayer, I'll need them!

mary760, thank you for your thoughts too, I appreciate it, I get alot of inspiration from the folks here too, I don't get to participate as much as I'd like to right now, but I hope things will "settle" with me and I will be able to contribute more, but in the meantime I am enjoying everyone elses talents for my spirits!

MaryRuth, Hi girl! Thankgoodness you live close to me, it is wonderful to have found a "decorating soul mate" LOL And ladies, she is also a BLAST!

Betty, you are such a doll, and make me blush, but in a good way! I am still learning myself! And believe me I get lots of inspiration from you ladies too! There are alot of knowledgeable people here we all can learn from each other. Even if you are a beginner of the "addiction of tablesetting" you will find yourself growing here just like everyone else has done! Practice makes perfect, or at least pretty darn close. LOL Betty, biscuts...yum, I am still hungry from seeing Kathleens photos!

• tamgypsy
    16 years ago

Judith...I am also sending loads of positive thoughts and healing energy your way (I'll keep my snow...lol).
    Wish there was more I could do but I commit to at least monthly post some pictures for you to enjoy and critique . All critiquing in the past has helped me so much to learn how to look at items differently...:)
    I am looking forward to 'the accident rabbit' coming out soon...:) Most of the year he resides in my office and he makes me smile everytime I look at him...:)

• luvstocraft
    16 years ago

Oh, that wonderful rabbit! He is one of the prettiest ones I've ever seen. I looked at the bunny things at Ross yesterday, got excited when I saw a similar brown ceramic, but it was just a little bunny and not that cute. Only saw a couple with cutouts on them that interested me, but I resisted. Have more now than I know where to put them. But IF I ever run across one like your's and Judith's brown one, you KNOW I will have to grab him up! LOL

Tam, you must have been a really quick learner or Judith is a fantastic teacher, because all your decor looks really great!

Luvs

• Kathie738 P
    16 years ago

Judith,
    You made my spirits soar knowing you are back to work...your like the "Queen Mum" of all good decorating projects! Pace yourself, and don't try to do too much too soon.

• judithva
    16 years ago

Tam, yep, keep those picture of yours coming! They always put a smile on my face as well as others here. I am looking forward to bringing out the "bunnies" too.

Luvs, I know what you mean about that bunny, it's just the prettiest thing!

kathie, thank you for your sweet thoughts! I did spend about an hour today after work polishing up my silver for a V-Day table...(not that I have a Valentine, this will be just a fantasy LOLOL)

• jaybird
    16 years ago

Polish away sweet Judith...you have a whole board full of Valentines right here!!! (If I were computer savvy, I would post a bunch of hearts, but you'll have to settle for hugs! (((((((Judith)))))))

• judithva
    16 years ago

Jaybird, aw thanks! I will take all the "valentines" I can get! You are not the only "non-savvy" computer person, I find "plumbing" the innner depth of computer knowledge to be WAY beyond me!

• mary_ruth
    16 years ago

Saying hi from here Judith!

Betty! Judith is a sharp energetic lady with a GREAT eye! Yes I live in VA too.

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars29 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus
More Discussions