SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
uncleron2_gw

PRXH18-M30 Vent-A-Hood M Series with Baffles

UncleRon2
11 years ago

I had ordered the VAH 6 weeks ago thinking I am getting Baffles and the Magic Lung. Sort of like wearing a belt and suspenders too. But no Magic Lung on M Series. My mistake which I am willing to except. But my problem is with the Baffles.

All hoods with Baffles that I am familiar with always emptied into a cup or trough to capture the grease. With the PRXH18 Series there is nothing! I called tech support of the vendor Build.com and spoke to Monty who was nice enough to talk me off the cliff. Because honestly I was a bit on the edge after paying $2K and waiting 6 weeks.

So I recorded a video which I hope can convey my concerns and posted it on YouTube.I would really appreciated it if the GardenWeb members would watch it and comment here if I am totally wrong or should I return the hood.

Here is the link to the video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OukR9TCbsmY

I believe that with any usage the grease will just flow straight out and onto the range. Monty says that the grease will be very thick and will not flow at all and will stay in the baffle. But I will have to clean it every week so that it will not "Over Flow". I have a 30" BlueStar RNB and it is Hot! Any grease above that range is going to flow like Maple Syrup.

So am I just over thinking this or is this a serious design flaw?

Here is a link that might be useful: Video of VAH Baffles

This post was edited by UncleRon2 on Sat, Feb 2, 13 at 14:58

Comments (7)