SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mcassel_gw

HELP... manufacure is putting a lien on my home.

mcassel
16 years ago

Guys,

I need your help... I am going to talk in generalizations because this may escalate and I don't want to have too many specifics in a public forum...

But this is my problem... I have a subcontractor who ordered and install a major item for a home. This job should have taken 3 months from time the order was placed to finished product... right now I am in the 7th month, the past 3 months we have been waiting for items that were ordered wrong and needed to be reordered those items that were correct failed under testing conditions... for the past 3 months we have been trying to fix the failing installs and waiting for replacement items that were ordered wrong...

Yesterday I get a call from the sales rep for the manufacture saying that the manufacture has not been paid for the product and they are about to put a lien on my home. We arrange to meet him today at my home... when the manufactures sales rep came into my home he looked at the product and started listing how many things were wrong with the install and he was not surprised that the items failed under testing... By then end of our meeting he was quite upset at the subcontract for the job they did and felt very bad for our situation...

The manufacture sales rep said all he could do is talk to the subs and tell them what they did wrong... but for the past 3 months they were not able to fix it so I have no confidence they ever would...

so what can I do?

You may be asking why not get another sub to come in and fix the issues, I have contacted several other subs but no-one wants the job because they donÂt want to take on the liability, the sales reps also said no-one would want to come in and fix the productÂ

I feel the only option left to me is to take the product out of my home and use a different product and address the lien by on longer having the product at my/in my home How can they expect me to pay for it when the sub canÂt install it properlyÂ

Comments (10)