SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vineyard_gw

Contractor Refused to Complete Job...Then Liened My House!

vineyard
15 years ago

Yes, they left many areas in the home that obviously still needed re-work and some areas of raw wood that they never even installed drywall over. Now they placed a lien for the full amount as if they finished the job! Unfortunately, the story doesn't end there...we also recently discovered that the drywall is cracking at the tape joints in some areas and coming apart at the tape joints in other areas throughout the home. We sent a demand letter to the company (Western Wall Systems, aka Bay Foam, aka BayStone Group) as well as their attorney, and so did our GC, asking that they come out and take a look at their walls cracking and coming apart at the seams. So far it's been 2 1/2 weeks and no response whatsoever.

This same company was hired not only to do the drywall, but also the stucco and the stone exterior architectural trim and interior columns. We've also had issues with them neglecting to apply a primer coat before the color coat of stucco, causing undesirable gray streaks and blotches to appear through the light color stucco. Furthermore, on 4/1/08 we paid them over $50k as a 50% deposit for the architectural trim and columns, which they also refused to deliver and install to this day.

They are still in business, so it's not like they're not responding because they no longer exist. I even went to the point of creating a website to document our experience with them at WesternWallSystems.com. Has anyone else experienced a contractor placing a lien on a house who has NOT completed the work? Is there anything else you would do in my situation besides hire an attorney (we just did) and file a complaint with the Contractor State License Board (we did that, too)?

Here is a link that might be useful: For more info and photos, visit WesternWallSystems.com

Comments (23)