SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
meldew_gw

replacing a newer frigidaire d/w - I need heavy-duty.

meldew
16 years ago

I have a one year old Frigidaire d/w that I have had it with - granted, it's not the top of the line because I knew we'd be hard on it, so I didn't splurge, but I am done hand-washing all the glassware after each load. No more! And I want to stop having to stop the dishwasher when I want to have a conversation in the next room or talk on the phone in the kitchen. And I'm tired of gunk all over the dishes and in the silverware tray. Surely there is something better out there.

I'm ready to buy something heavy-duty - I have 5 boys who help with loading/unloading, and they are typical boys, meaning if it is easily breakable, they will manage to break it. I run a minimum of 2 loads per day, sometimes more. I want them to use the dishwasher too; I don't want to have to baby it.

I've been reading about dishwashers here and on CR, and talking to the local appliance shop. They want me to buy an Asko. I'm not reading glowing things about one though!

My parents have a new Bosch they like but I haven't tried it personally - should I also consider a Miele - would it even fit in the cabinet opening?

Any comments that would be helpful?

Thanks so much.

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Fourteen Thirty Renovation, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Professional Remodelers in Franklin County Specializing Kitchen & Bath