SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
raymommy

Comment on Appliances Selection Under $5.5K

raymommy
13 years ago

Suggestions requested for kitchen remodel. After being a lurker for over 2 months and reading tons of reviews, I have narrowed down my selections to the following:

Background: We plan to use these appliances in a townhome for 4 years and then are planning to rent the town-home. Bake cookies and cakes 4 times a year. Use gas burners a lot for cooking and frying. Range width limitation of 30 inches. Use the fridge a lot and need a lot of space (however have a 38 inch space width limitation ie 26 cu). Dishes have food stuck on them and would like to put them in a dishwasher straight without rinsing. Over the range microwave without convection. Would prefer convection in the oven. Definitely want French door refrigerator. Low repair calls as do not want future renter to keep calling. Budget: approx $4-$5.5K. Want all metallic or stainless steel. Not sure how I�ll get them to match.

Preliminary results of Research

1. Refrigerator (25 cu feet 29 cu). Samsung. French Door with freezer at bottom. Not sure if I should get the water in the door due to repairs needed. Not planning on getting counter depth to save money.

2. Range (30 inch). GE Cafe or LG or Berta. Not sure if I should get the dual option. Current range is All Gas and not sure how the electric will get connected. Also not planning on getting the hood but will have an OTR Microwave on top.

3. OTR Microwave. Sharp or GE Cafe.

4. Dishwasher. Bosch (problem is pre-rinsing required) or Kitchen Aid. I initially wanted the Kitchen Aid drawers as have small loads sometimes � however the reviews are terrible.

All suggestions including model nos etc are welcome and appreciated. Also, I am in NJ and any suggestions re places to buy from/installation would be great.

Comments (7)