SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
59dodge

Electrolux Icon Induction Cooktop

59 Dodge
14 years ago

Electrolux Icon Induction Cooktop. I downloaded the parts manual for the above cooktop. The glass is one single part, but it does have a cutout where the touch controls are. Looking at the parts list, I see no gasket/gaskets between the touchpads and the glass. My guess is spills run into the touchpad and disable it until it dries out.

I will call Electrolux--since mine is still under warranty and "Pretend" I'm you---had a spill that disabled the unit and see what they suggest. I don't think silicon would be a good idea as it would make it a real "Bear" if the touch panel/panels ever had to be replaced but I think that the rubber you can buy that has a glued edge might work---you can get that at an autoparts store, probably Home Depot too.

Really sorry that the problem you are having spoils what I feel is a great cooktop. I havent had problems cleaning around the SS edge, if there is some dirt there, I just take a paper towel and kinda use my finger nail to kinda scrape along that edge---well till wife tells me to trim my nails LOL. The old one I had that was flush mount,(at least to me) was a much bigger pain to clean around the edge of it and the granite.

Hopefully we can work out this bug!!

Gary

Comments (9)