SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kmarcel

How long should a full bath remodel take??

Karen Marcely
12 years ago

I posted earlier this week about my indecision between a soaker or an airbath. Thank you for all the helpful responses.

I made up my mind to do the airbath and had my contractor over. What he will be doing is replacing tub with airtub, tearing up current tile around tub and on floor, removing 6' vanity, two sinks, two faucets and toilet. He will put in air tub, tile around tub (which is an alcove installation) re-tile floor, install one 6' vanity and toilet. We will do the other smaller things, such as painting, mirrors over sink and countertop people will put in the countertop.

My bathroom is 5' x 12' (including tub area) and is our only full bath - have 1/2 bath on first floor. He said this job will take 9 days. My husband is off the wall, needed to say, thinks that's ridiculous and wants me to get other estimates.

Does anyone think that is reasonable or longer than what it should be? He does not do this alone, it's his business full-time,not something he does on the side and he has an electrician who works with him as well.

Also, the tub as I mentioned is an alcove tub, which will have a skirt,therefore not continued tile from the floor up to the side of the tub.

Comments (33)