SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
millymoo_gw

Help with vintage metal kitchen cupboard unit

millymoo
14 years ago

I've been searching on the net and here for info on vintage free-standing kitchen cupboard units but can't find a pic. or info that is close to what I have at home.

I will try to post a pic of it but for now I wonder if anyone can help me identify a time frame for this piece and any info. you may have about it.

It looks like a hoosier cupboard but in metal-painted off-white. It's very plain and unadorned with possibly 50's-60's handles-shaped like smiles-don't know what else to call it, hee!

The top part of the unit has two shelves and I suspect it once had a sliding plastic 'door' that ran from one end to close at the other-maybe accordion-style? It seems to have a track of some sort that maybe held this door.

Below the shelves is a an open counter space with hooks hanging above it attached to the bottom of the shelf unit-these may have been for coffee cups?

Below the counter are two drawers and below that 2 cupboard doors with 2 levels of shelves inside.

This was in the basement of our 100yr old home-part of the 'summer' kitchen that looks like it was put in in the 50's-so I'm guessing that's the age of this unit.

It had some water damage on the bottom so we restored it and moved it upstairs-put a slab of marble on the counter space and I use it to store my kitchen appliances, gadgets and baking pans.

Can someone provide a link or info. so I can find out more about it?

Thank-you

Comments (2)