SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jac929

Please Help! Issues with 3 yr. old Dacor oven

jac929
16 years ago

Hi Everyone,

I bought my Dacor Epicure oven about three years ago. I have not used the oven that much until recently. One of the issues that I am noticing with this oven is that roasts or vegetables don't brown. They cook, but whatever I make looks pale and not brown when it comes out of the oven. This is the case no matter what cooking mode (bake, convection, pure convection) I use.

My other issue is with the performance of the self-cleaning function. Since I have not used the oven much since I purchased it 3 yrs. ago,the oven was only lightly soiled when I decided to try the self-cleaning feature a week ago. Well, all I can tell you is that I am extremely unhappy with the results. While the self-cleaning mode burned the excess grease off (after two self-cleaning cycles) the oven walls, it left behind all the splatters and stains from the grease that was once there. I scrubbed and scrubbed ( I even used Easy Off for self-cleaning ovens) but it seems that the stains are permanent and the oven looks dirty. I have had cheaper ovens that were much easier to clean than this one!

I called Dacor customer service and was told to send them pictures of the oven walls so that they can see what is going on and perhaps they can suggest a product I can use to get the stains off.

Have any of you had similar issues with your Dacor oven, and do you have any suggestions for me as to how I can address these problems?

Considering the money that was spent on this oven, I am really upset that we are experiencing these problems.

Thanks for your help!

Comment

Sponsored
Castle Wood Carpentry, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County