SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
scpalmetto

Design advice needed

scpalmetto
10 years ago

We are about to start re-doing the master bath. The right side of the room is easy, it is presently a double vanity, dividing wall and a toilet. We'll just jazz it up with a new cabinet, granite, mirrors and light fixtures.
The opposite wall however is my dilemma. The shower is old CM, dark and cramped. The tub is newer CM but showing wear. The whole mess will be torn out. The shower will still be in the same corner but I want to make it larger with glass walls. The existing tub is 71' x 42" and I want to go with something smaller. The window is not centered and will have to stay in that spot. The skylight is centered over the window. The length of the room is 108". I want to enlarge the shower but can only go as far to the left as the window which will put the window smack against the corner of a (glass) wall. Is there anything I can do with a tub that will make that corner look better. The pipes can be easily moved. My contractor has suggested I go with a smaller stand alone tub like the Rachel 59" from Wyndham, I like that size but where should it sit to show off the shape? Others have said stick with a skirted or drop in. I could put a tub perpendicular to where it is now but what would I do with the odd space under the window. I originally wanted a cast iron tub but the bathroom designers have advised that that, unless I spend a fortune, the smaller iron tubs are too narrow. Help........

Here is a link that might be useful: Wyndham Rachel soaking tub

Comments (20)