SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
patty2430

Nutritious Meals for 86 year old

patty2430
9 years ago

Greetings--DH and I just moved DH mom in with us as she is showing signs of dementia--probably should have done this 6 months ago. She's doing ok; the adjustment is hard on her and probably affecting mind/memory more than usual which we hope will improve a little. My goal is to make sure she's eating well. She's up way before us (5-6 a.m.) and eats right away; always a crappy sugar-coated cereal which she refuses to give up. Lunch is the same way; always PB&J, which isn't the worst thing in the world. But I am trying to get together a nutritious evening meal each day that she'll eat and enjoy. Any suggestions from you -- either meals or go-to websites would be very much appreciated! Both DH and I are retired so I have no problem with taking time to cook various meals etc. She's only been here for three weeks so have not yet made a "baseline" appointment with a physician but will very soon. We're also trying to convince her that keeping hydrated is very important, but it's still an uphill struggle. TIA

Comments (9)

Sponsored