SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jenjenfoofoo

Help deciding on which Bluestar Rangetop

jenjenfoofoo
12 years ago

Hi everyone.

I need some help deciding on which 36" Bluestar Rangetop to buy. I am replacing a 16 year old professional Thermador Cooktop that I am unable to get parts for anymore and one of the burners stopped working a couple years ago.

I was torn between Wolf and Bluestar and have decided to go with Bluestar. I called our local dealer intending to order a 6-burner configuration. (I have a grill in the middle of my current 4-burner Thermador and have always hated it. In fact, I removed the lava rocks and grate and set a Lodge cast iron griddle in its place that has actually worked quite well, though it takes FOREVER to heat up.)

I was told they have a 4 burner/griddle unit that they have been trying to sell on their floor. I can get that one for almost $1000 less than the 6 burner one. (I have LP and this unit was originally ordered natural gas for an LP customer. It was converted to LP but the customer wasn't happy with that solution and the dealer took it back in stock. I am told there is absolutely nothing wrong with it and it comes with a full warranty.)

It seems like a great deal if I can live with the griddle. I asked for the specific model number and I have learned that, while it is only about a year old, it is discontinued. The model number is RGTNB364GSS. Does anyone know what changed from that model to the current?

Does anyone have any advice for me? The prices I was given was approx $3560 (not including tax and install) for the 6-burner and $2700 for the 4 burner/griddle.

thanks in advance. Time is of the essence!

Comments (13)