SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kaydles_gw

We finally have sheetrock! (pics inside!)

kaydles
16 years ago

Finally Finally Finally (especially after we had some copper wire stolen a couple of months ago) we have SHEETROCK!

Below are pics. The funny thing is...out of all of the neat features our house has, my absolute FAVORITE part (right now) is the afterthought...the "secret passageway" my dh decided to include from the space under the basement stairs ("hobbit" room as my builder calls it) to a hidden room adjacent to it. The hidden room was actually supposed to house our HVAC equip and has no windows. All of the HVAC equip couldn't fit in there (we had to separate it) so it left plenty of space for me to have a craft room. So this passageway goes into this room. It has a door out to the basement kitchen but we want to put in one of those "hide-a-door" bookshelf thingies.

The doorways are probably about 2.5 feet high - and each section in the tunnel has a can light in it! I'm sure I'll be losing my kids in there a LOT!

Below the tunnel pics are some pics of the foyer / dining area.

It's finally looking like a house! My kids actually played hide and seek there over the weekend as you can't see through the walls anymore!

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living