SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
flynnnj

Chicken Nuggets, Pancakes or Cornish Hens?

flynnnj
12 years ago

I think I've narrowed my stove choice down to the 30" GAS Frigidaire Professional FPGS3085KF or GE Cafe CGS985SETSS. There are some difference but both have the warming/storage drawer and convection cooking which I need.

After lots of positive recommendations I looked at the NXR but but no bottom drawer for storage. It's a small kitchen, no space for a pot rack, and that bottom drawer helps.

The Bertazzoni Master A304GGVXSX has the storage drawer but the actual oven seems small. It's hard to imagine a Thanksgiving turkey and all the trimmings fitting into it. I guess I'd have to serve Cornish games hens instead. Plus, at $2949, it uses up so much of my appliance budget. Does anyone remember the awesome promo when the hood was included. That would be such a big cost saver. Oh, well. That was then, so no use looking back.

And yes, I totally agree that a chicken nugget button is really silly but the Frigidaire Professional has other great features like the split racks, continuous grates, and best of all the smudge-proof stainless steel finish.

I also like the look of the GE Cafe... the big knobs, and the griddle - for grilled cheese and Sunday pancakes. I've read that the stainless steel scratches more than average. Does anyone have feedback for me? I also avoided the GE Cafe because of all the bad reviews for the OTR microwave. If I can hide a small microwave in an appliance garage then the GE is back in the running.

http://i1154.photobucket.com/albums/p539/Flynnnj/Refrigeratorwall001.jpg

I need suggestions for a hood, too. There will be a soffit above but it can be vented directly outside.

I imagine that the hood I'd need for the Frigidaire or GE would cost less than the one for the Bertazzoni because of the higher burners.

If I can figure out how to hide a small microwave in an appliance garage then I can eliminate the OTR microwave. The kitchen designer has told me that a 36" wide x18" high appliance garage may make the kitchen look too closed in. It would go under the glass front cabinets next to the frig.

I won't do the GE Cafe if I need to have an OTR microwave because everything I've read has mentioned nothing but problems and the Frigidaire FPMV189KF does have some good reviews.

So, what to do, what to do? I need all Frigidaire Professional or GE Cafe owners to let me know if you like your stove and if would you buy it again.

What type of hood do you recommend?

Here is a link that might be useful:

Comments (4)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm