SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
61tinkerbell

5 month WASTED!! Boo hoo... confused now!

tinker_2006
13 years ago

Happy New Year everyone. I haven't been here in a month now, as I've been busy with things, including getting quotes for our new cabinetry.. all while waiting for the draftsman to finalize the plan.

I created the first floor, and he was able to use it 100%, but he had to come up with a workable 2nd floor which included 2 bedroom, 1 bath and a family room. PLUS the elevations.

2 months ago, we almost fired him.. I had a "gut instinct" he might not have the capability to draw the plans ( a simple cape style home!) I explained that I was concerned that he wasn't listening to what I what, but gave him a chance, it took another 4 weeks for him to show me somewhat general plans (the whole contract states 2 WEEKS for drawings!!) I felt that maybe he finally understood.. I couldn't be more clear, gave him LOTS of pictures, and I'm not wishy washy.. I know exactly what I want... but yesterday, after another 4 WEEKS, and 2 emails later (asking the ETA) he brings over a half complete, AWFUL looking plan! The whole roof line is wacky, and we finally figured out, he must not know how to draw the plans. The plans still are lacking complete elevations, basement, etc...

I just want to cry.. and I'm rethinking if we should just sell our lot, stay where we are, or look for a stock plan, or try and find another person that can finish these plans in 4 weeks. We really thought we'd break ground this month... Thanks for letting me vent, and if you have any suggestions, I'm listening!

Comments (32)