SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
msloane794

Installing a Sub-Zero fridge. How hard is it?

msloane794
16 years ago

I was able to purchase a show-room floor model SubZero Fridge (Model 650) at a huge discount, and I'm having new custom cabinets built per the SubZero specs. After reading the documentation on the web, and talking with the SubZero sales guy, it sounds fairly easy to install. Does anyone have any experience doing this? Do I need to hire a professional "Refridgerator Installer" to do this?

From what I see, installing it doesn't look hard at all. The appliance people have said they will deliver it, and place it in front of the cabinet where it is to be installed. The unit is on wheels, and there's some anti-tip wedges that need to be installed, but it doesn't look like anything a moderately skilled handy-person couldn't handle. There are requirements for the location of water and power for the unit, and it will need to be leveled after it's slid in the cabinet, but I think I can handle those tasks.

Am I under-estimating this effort? Having never installed a built-in fridge before, I'm not sure if I need to spend the extra $$$ on an already over-budget remodel project, if it really isn't necessary.

Thoughts?

Comments (3)