SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
64reno64

nxr, fratelli, verona dealers in nj? Worth the effort to track?

64reno64
13 years ago

Are there any? Trying to find options to the GE Cafe, but I wont buy unless I can see one of these. Also, does anyone own one of these? Need to keep the range cost to under 2500. Are these worth giving up the ge cafe double oven?

This is so frustrating. Thanks in advance. Cant wait till I have some expertise to share, rather than asking so many questions!

Comments (17)

• segesta
    13 years ago

If you're in northeast NJ, isn't that (relatively) close to AJ Madison's bricks and mortar store, which sells all three?

Not necessarily an endorsement of AJ Madison, but they are just about the only company that sells NXR, Onofri and Verona anyway.

• ideagirl2
    13 years ago

Their showroom is in Brooklyn. Link below. It absolutely makes sense to go there. Just call beforehand to see whether they've got all three on the floor, or if they can let you into the warehouse or whatever if they don't have them on the floor, and you're set. Depending where you are in NJ you could probably even get there by train/subway... how easy is that.

Here is a link that might be useful: AJ Madison Brooklyn Showroom

• Kieffers_Guy
    13 years ago

As far as I know, Fratelli Onofri has stopped selling their products in America. I'm sure there are still floor models around, but that's all that will be out there. Verona and NXR are still available for purchase. Finding both those models on a showroom floor are going to be tough. Good luck!

Here is a link that might be useful: Want to laugh and learn about appliances? Read our blog!

• guadalupe
    13 years ago

Fratelli is not pulling out of the united states, they are going to be increasing their presence

• 64reno64
    Original Author
    13 years ago

thanks, all. I wont have the time to get to bklyn, so Im just going to get the GE Cafe. Hope it works out. The others are appealing, but I just cant buy one sight unseen.

• georgiapeach1974
    13 years ago

Jim at H&H Gas in Windsor (609-426-1111) just told me today that they have a Fratelli Onofri Royal Chiantishire on the floor in stainless. He also said that they can get them in 2-8 weeks, depending on whether or not they are in stock at the distributor. I spoke with virtually all of the other authorized retailers in NJ and no one else had a floor model, but they all said they could order one. No one said the brand was going to be discontinued in the states.

That being said, it's my understanding that the Galaxy is simply the gas version of the RC, with a few minor styling differences. Can anyone confirm this? I cannot find a Galaxy in a showroom anywhere!

• 64reno64
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you very much - I will look in to this!

• georgiapeach1974
    13 years ago

I went to H&H today to check out the Fratelli. The showroom is quite large and they have a lot of high-end appliances. I was afraid the oven on the Fratelli is just too small, but I just came home and measured my largest pans, as well as the usuable space in my current oven (a 5-cu-ft Kenmore) and discovered the Fratelli oven and my much larger Kenmore have almost the exact same usuable depth. That's marketing for you.
    FYI, H&H quoted almost $4k for the Fratelli. Not sure if they will negotiate, but there is something nice about shopping locally.

• 64reno64
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I am going to try to get there this weekend. Which Fratelli did they have? My budget is quite lower than that - I thought the Fratellis might be a little more affordable. If not, maybe I'll take another look at the Dacor in the shop closest to me.

• rob from nj
    13 years ago

Don't know about Fratelli, but Reno's in Fairfield has NXR on display along with dozens of other brands. Low pressure sales - they'll let you browse and print out written price quotes on anything you like along with whatever sell sheets they have.

I shopped there but ended up buying closer to home at Gabowitz in East Brunswick. They have Dacor since you're looking along with Capital and others.

• 64reno64
    Original Author
    13 years ago

How were Gabowitz's prices? They are much closer to me too, so it would be easier to buy from them. I will check out Reno's, too. Thanks for the info.
    There also seem to be some good deals on Ebay on new, under warranty pro ranges, but Im not sure I have the nerve to make this big of a purchase though Ebay!

• georgiapeach1974
    13 years ago

H&H had the Royal Chiantashire on the floor. They were low pressure too, but higher end.

• rob from nj
    13 years ago

It was pretty easy to get Gabowitz cut a deal that was cheaper than internet prices including the sales tax that they have to charge on in-store purchases.

I just told them what the internet price was and they came back with a better deal.

I printed out web pages but they didn't need to see them.

• georgiapeach1974
    13 years ago

This just in: Kieffers Guy was sort of right in saying something about the Fratelli being discontinued in the US. I tried to get a Galaxy in Anthricite, but was told by AJ Madison the *color* has been discontinued. H&H Gas confirmed this today. You can, however, still get it in SS, and you can get other models in black. Ironically, I've moved on to wanting a Capitol anyway. Picking out my kids' names was easier than this...

• 64reno64
    Original Author
    13 years ago

That might explain why the Pinnacle is on clearance at AJ Madison....hmmm...maybe I will cross Fratelli off the list. I agree that picking out a name is easier than this. Another vote for Bertazzoni.

• ideagirl2
    13 years ago

If you're still interested, search on eBay for "fratelli onofri" and you'll see several deals.

• mloihle_hotmail_com
    13 years ago

Ideagirl2... what did you end up buying? I was looking at the verona too....