SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nadine33_gw

Bathroom remodel..where to start?

nadine33
16 years ago

So we've been toying with the idea of remodeling our bathroom. It's a small size (can't be more then about 6'x8'). We have the tub, toilet and small vanity (probably about 24" wide). No interior closet or anything. The shower walls are completely tiled up to the ceiling while the rest of the walls are tiled about 2/3 up. The tub,toilet,TP holder, soap dish, towel handle, toothbrush holder are all like a dark peach/tan ceramic color. I hate it. The tile on the walls is in ok shape ( 4x4's white with gold sparlkies), but the shower tiles are looking pretty grungy. Looks like the grout has worn away too. I believe everything (except the vanity) is original to the house which is approx 30 years old. We've been talking about looking into Bathfitters as an option. I'd still like to replace the flooring and fixtures myself at some point. BUt with a 1 and 3 year old we CANNOT Be without a bathtub for very long. We have a half bath downstairs for toilet usage, but no additional bathtub. If we did look for a complete bathroom re-do how long do you think it would take? ANd any idea of cost? We are not looking for high end, we live in a modest house but would just like to update the bathroom not galmorize it. I've been thinking of cheaper ways ,but one thing that always gets me is how to deal with the ceramic soap holder/towel holder etc. that are glued onto the wall. We obviously don't have an extra tile to replace them with if we tried to remove them. Any other suggestions???

Comments (5)