SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sharon_fl

any postcard experts here?

sharon_fl
16 years ago

I'd love to email a photo of a postcard to anyone who might be able to tell me its value and if it's a rare type. Not a collector but it's from my small hometown in PA. A dear friend gave it to me 10 yrs ago because I fell in love with it. The front has 3 small pics of the local train which passed thru town, the old depot & the 'newer' depot. To the left of the front of the card is a red heart shape which says "The Heart of Laceyville". The best part? There's a little metal fastener which you open and out spills 13 postage sized photos (in an accordian fashion) of the buildings & streets in town. It is SO cool! There's a pic of the old hotel my mom cooked in-back in the 50's and a storefront where my dad had a business in the 40's-which by the way was the same building I had a restaurant in in the early 80's!!

The stamp on the back is in great shape-under his face it says "1706 FRANKLIN 1790"

The postmark clearly says Aug 1907 !! It's addressed to a Sturdevant lady near my hometown and was sent by a lady named Elma S. (assuming the same last name.) Ironically, someone in my family was named Sturdevant-either grandmother or grandpa's mom's maiden name was that!

Were these type postcards usual back then?

Comments (3)