SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jannie_gw

We got a Private Aide

jannie
12 years ago

Hubby is 65, with a triple diagnosis-Multiple Sclerosis (weak, can't walk unassisted, bad balance, fatigue), Epilepsy (seizures, but controlled with medication) and Alheimer's -Like symptoms.(He has a terrible memory).He sees a Social Worker once a week, following a hospital stay in January 2011, yes 15 months ago . Medicare and Blue Cross help pay for SW and for physical therapy a couple times a week. SW suggested we hire a Private Aide from a local agency. Cost to us is $14 an hour, with a minimum of 12 hours a week. The Aide came yesterday, what a Wonderful Woman! Helped hubby with a shower. He made himself lunch, then while sitting in his wheelchair he had a bowel accident. She cleaned him up, put an adult diaper on him and then put him to bed to rest. Then cleaned the wheelchair, the bathroom and did the dirty laundry. Even asked me for bleach so she could really sanitize the bathroom area. She was extremely pleasant and sweet, talked to me (his wife/caregiver) a lot. She also talked with him, in a pleasant manner. She was very professional, able to get him to turn and move so she could clean him and get him dressed (twice). She asked me about his physical therapy and home exercises. When she comes Wednesday she wants to help him exercise and go outside for a walk while he rides his scooter. I am so pleased we made this step in his care. He's a real handful for me. I had a kidney transplant in January and I have to be very careful as I'm not yet fully healed and have to be very clean so I don't get any infections, which could injure my new kidney. This aide is really working out!

Comments (7)

Sponsored