SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pearl_manwani

Appliance update - 6 months after living with them

Newyorking
13 years ago

I have been living in my newly-renovated apartment for 6 months now, and decided to do an update on my experience.

Refrigerator: Sub-zero BI-36U over-under

So far, I have had a good experience. Nothing to complain about. I don't store a lot of stuff in it.

Dishwasher: Miele G2432

This is the most disappointing appliance. The only reason to pay $$$ for a Miele is sound - it has nothing else to offer. When I started using the dishwasher, there were times when my glasses and bowls chipped at the edges. At times, the dishwasher, when loaded with a lot of utensils, was not able to clean to perfection. I even had instances where the pots were very dirty. All in all, the appliance is very unreliable in terms of cleaning - sometimes it cleans really well, sometimes not so much. The only good thing is that the sound is non-existent, which I am sure is available with a lower priced dishwasher. I am very disappointed with this appliance because not only does it not clean consistently, but also it doesn't dry everything out completely. I don't understand how a dishwasher can be so popular when it does not even perform the basic functions of a dishwasher (cleaning, drying). I will not buy this again.

Cooktop: Wolf CT36G/S

The Wolf cooktop is fine. I am not sure whether this is better than other brands. I like the simmer function because it gives flavor to my cooking. I cook a lot of Indian food and the flavor is perfect. My only complaints are cleaning and smell. The largest sized-burner smells of rubber whenever I cook using some utensils - I am not sure what the reason is for the smell. I think its mainly for utensils that have a plastic handle - the handles don't burn but the smell is there and strong. I use the largest burner the most, and it is very difficult to clean especially when something boils over and causes dark spots around the burner. Also, the black iron thing that you put over the burner is difficult to clean. It is heavy and paper towel leaves particles on it. I am not sure if I would buy this again.

Wolf built-in 36" oven

Never used it.

Microwave: GE Profile Spacemaker PVM1870SMSS

So far no complaints. I use it primarily to heat food and it works just fine. It looks good as well.

Venthood: Broan AP136SS

Since I live in Manhattan, I have a recirculating vent. This one works fine. It doesn't clear all the smell and I need to open a window, but that is probably because its recirculating. It is noisy, but tolerable. I have had no problems so far. It looks very good and contemporary.

Comments (11)