SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aa62579

Price of Metal Going Up

aa62579
13 years ago

Talked to my parents contractor last night (social function) and he said that when he had gone to get color samples for my mother, he found out that the place where he buys the metal was going to raise their prices by 20% on February 1. They told him if he could finalize the order details (color, amount, etc) and pay the deposit, they would charge him the price it was on the day the order was placed. This is for a metal roof, by the way.

This is the only place really to get this type of metal for about a 60 mile radius and the business that he goes to for all of his jobs (he does a lot of metal roofs), so it doesn't really seem like this business would have told him a line just to make sure they got the order.

I am not sure this is going to happen everywhere, just at this business, or even at all. 20% can be a big chunk of change, though, so I just thought I would pass this along to anyone starting to build that was going to do a metal roof. You might want to check with your contractor or the place you are buying your metal and see if this is going to happen, and if so, if there is anything you can do to avoid the higher cost.

Comment (1)