SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
leahcate

Nu skin Galvanic Spa treatment

leahcate
14 years ago

Anyone have any first hand experience with this $300 (plus supply of gel) tool that is sold via a multi- marketing...think Arbonne and Amway.... business? It screams fake, but heard from a friend it seemed to work on the woman who gave the demo,and was selling it. I assume it falls under the too-goo-to-be-true rule. Anyone ?

Comments (5)

• mitchdesj
    14 years ago

I'm surprised no one has commented; I was amazed recently at a mall vendor,
    those free standing kiosks, an exfoliator creme, the brand has gold in it.
    it worked wonderfully on my hands. But he was so pushy , it was a turnoff.

I hope someone chimes in with their experience, I'm curious about it.

• michelle_phxaz
    14 years ago

Yep, pyramid scheme. I have a friend who tried the product, didn't like it, and is still being pressured to sell the crap. I am a personal fan of Crabtree and Evelyn's "La Source" line for hand and foot exfoliators and lotions, it smells so good and works wonderful.

For a really cheap and great hand treatment, take a 1/2 teaspoon or so of salt or sugar in your palm, add about a teaspoon of olive oil and scrub away for a minute or two then rinse. The feel when you are rinsing is amazing! This is one of the best exfoliators I have ever done, and it is the cheapest by far, and men will even do it! My dad is the one who showed it to me, and he is far from a girly-man.

I like how Shauna joins the forum the same day she posts to hawk the stuff!

• mitchdesj
    14 years ago

I also love the C & Evelyn hand repair, it's a scrub like cream that gives you a quick repair and hydrating. Michelle, what a great tip, will try that.

• michelle_phxaz
    14 years ago

Funny, right after I posted this I went and gave my hands a salt scrub. One tip, don't do a teaspoon of olive oil, use just enough to cover the salt/sugar in your hands. I had too much and had to keep wiping off the extra oil, but my hands are like silk!

• girlpromo_verizon_net
    12 years ago

I absolutely love my galvanic spa! I use it on my face, my arms, my stomach and my thighs and it has done wonders for me. I dont see any pressure and if your friend was being pressured, the person she bought it from is in the wrong, not the company. As far as a pyramid scheme, those are illegal and this company has been around for 27 years. If it was a pyramid scheme they wouldn't have lasted that long. Plus they are publicly traded, which means something to me. I can't see how it can be fake when they offer a 90 money back guarantee. Before you bash the way they distribute their products, perhaps you should actually do some research into exactly what a network marketing company is. It's just a different way to get product to market than sticking it on shelves, paying a fortune in advertising and hoping it sells. Instead of putting their money into advertising, they put it into product development which means that 95% of the time, they develop higher quality products. Instead of the retail stores making the money, the distributors make the money. And if you aren't in the business to make money, signing up as a distributor will allow you to get the products at wholesale. If you like them and you share them with your friends, you can actually get paid. Sprint never paid me for telling everybody how much I love my Evo! So what exactly is wrong with network marketing? And if you haven't personally tried the Galvanic Spa, how do you seasonally know it doesn't work? High end salons charge a lot of money for the same treatments. Of course it works. I can personally attest to that.

Sponsored