SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
angryrooster

Bill & Mongo I have a pitch question

jjaazzy
14 years ago

Today I am working on putting in the Nobleseal liner. I have the floor in shower pitched towards the drain that is at the threshold/door opening. Reminder... no curb shower. Right now I don't have any pitch going towards the drain on the opposite side (common area). I wonder if I did do a slight pitch on the opposite side of this drain, do you think it will foul up the tile install. I am concerned with lippage. Am I going to have this ridge that is going to mess everything up? I will have both 3/4" mosaics and 24 x 24 large format tile that will be used along the 28" of this drain. I could just run it flat and then have the installer pitch a strip towards the drain, (don't really care for that option) or go out about 12" or 24" and run the pitch towards the drain. I'm just not sure due to how the tile will fall within the bathroom. Am I creating a huge problem? The large format tile is the issue and I assume some of the back side can be ground down. However it is a laminate tile (porcelain grey body back and white glass front) and it helps keep the glass front from distorting ( I don't think we would be taking that much off 1/4" - 3/8"? So what do you think? And can I use this Thinset mixed with the flexible additive make kind of a stiff mix and screet out a nice slope on the plywood for under the nobleseal?

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths