SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
toomanychoices_kt

Bill V, Mongo, or any other tile folks--Couple questions

toomanychoices
12 years ago

Working on a small (4' x 8') master bath renovation with just a shower (no tub). Currently the room is completely tiled a la 1950s ranch in baby blue. Here are my latest questions after looking around at tile:

1. We're looking at porcelain tiles. Are there any major differences in those you get from a specialty tile place (looked at some AO tiles) and those from a big box floor and tile place, aside from price of course?

2. It's looking like I have the option of 2x2 or 3x3 tiles for the shower floor. Either one better than the other?

3. We were thinking of not tiling the non-shower portion of the bathroom, but then I was thinking about the sink backsplash area. Someone suggested that we could just do tile wainscoting (if that's the right word) just on the wall that has the sink and toilet. Is that a reasonable suggestion or are we better off just doing the shower and figuring something else with the sink area? At the moment I'm not looking at sinks that would have an integrated backsplash. If it makes any difference, I'm looking at 13 x 13 tiles for the shower and bathroom floor.

Thanks!

Comments (3)