SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pupwhipped

Woe is me...Prism grout problem

pupwhipped
15 years ago

Well, I just questioned a few days ago about the pros and cons of Prism grout and now I can tell you that we have a problem Houston. It is splotchy! You buy Prism so as to NOT have this problem!

Rep is coming Monday...I hope.

We have thus far only done the walls of the shower and the oppostie vanity wall. Both have AO Ice White tiles...subways and 6x6. There are a few places here and there on both walls where the grout is darker around these tiles. It's not horrible but noticeable to me. Where it is really wrong is on my listello. My listello has diamond shaped tiger's eye, then triangular AO's, then rectangular travetine tiles as a border top and bottom. Link below is similar to my listello. Below many of the little travetine pieces the grout is significantly darker.....like it is still wet. We put a hair dryer on one place but it made no difference. Rep said to give it 48 hours which will be later on today. I don't think it'gonna help. I could just cry. FWIW, the day we grouted was very cold here in the South.

When things like this happen you think why didn't I just put a one piece shower surround in there and call it a day. aagghhh!!!!!!!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Listello similar to mine

Comments (11)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH